The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nevermind
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I'm not done so I'm assuming others aren't done either.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Nope, I just need to find the inclination to make a few camera ready.
Cleaning guitars isn't my strong suit.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

my tech says that my Tele build is gonna be another week in the shop before it's off the chain and in my hands
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Must be a very busy tech. Prolly due to the high quality of workmanship.

tapper mike wrote:I'm not done so I'm assuming others aren't done either.
I was gonna make y'all sweat a little after the reaction to #4 :lol:

Uncle E wrote:
JCJR wrote:Thanks Uncle E. What I had read long ago, said that when it comes to pounding in stainless frets, they are too springy and on conventional wood fingerboards, one end pops out as the other end is pounded in. Guess if that info was at all accurate, then it was at least somehow incomplete.
I took a tour of the Fender factory this morning and they told us that they've never pounded in any frets for this very reason. They use a press that pushes down evenly over the whole fret.
Thanks Uncle E. My ignorance as a keyboardist who doesn't keep up much. Recollections about the "pounding" operation are decades old.

Interesting Parker video links posted here, educated me on many mistaken assumptions. Assuming Parker made the early nitefly's with the same methods as depicted in the factory videos, apparently the stainless frets are glued into a carbon fiber fretboard and then the fretboard glued to the vacuum-baked neck. Doh.

Looking at my old Parker it now makes sense, but when I'd look at it in years past, had assumed the frets had been first attached to the neck, and then the entire fretted neck somehow wrapped and baked.

Another detail I missed or maybe forgot, is that the bridge+middle pickup switch position uses only a single coil of the bridge dimarzio humbucker. So that all the switch positions except bridge-pickup-only, are fairly authentic to a strat config.

I shouldn't dwell on such topics, lest I be tempted to add switches to select humbucker rather than single coil in the bridge+middle position, or phase switch, or serial/parallel switches. :)

JCJR wrote:

I shouldn't dwell on such topics, lest I be tempted to add switches to select humbucker rather than single coil in the bridge+middle position, or phase switch, or serial/parallel switches. :)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=324336

:)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

What every happened to Suzi Wong? She was an amazing resource

Today I tried an old Les Paul Gold Top with P90 pickups
... I still hands tremble ...
I was so excited that I have not even thought to photograph She..! :love:

"Baja" Fender knockoff for $40 used at Guitar Center. I'm happy with it for practicing. Can you see the cat hiding on the Jones Soda bottle? :hihi:

Turello wrote:Today I tried an old Les Paul Gold Top with P90 pickups
... I still hands tremble ...
I was so excited that I have not even thought to photograph She..! :love:

I remember that experience but for me the LP custom won over the deluxe. There is something about the wieght, the magic of the action and of course that ballsy tone. So this is what it feels like at the top.

My precious. Have tried a few times to have it dated but nothing conclusive. Generally thought to be around 1973. I've had it for around 25 years. Playability and sound are wonderful to me.
LP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

beautiful Morelia - izzat a gold top or stain & grain ?
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Here are my two custom Myka guitars:

Scorpion_Dolphin_guitars.jpg
G
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”