Unreplacable hardware

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) 1974 Fender Rhodes Mark (King Dingaling in my studio)
2) newer analog synths - Moog Sub Phatty, Mohpo x4, and
3) vintage analog synth - Roland Super JX10 (smoothest pads EVER)

*just Sold my Hohner D6 clavinet (that hurt a lot)
"FREE FENDER RHODES WAVES LIBRARY DOWNLOAD"
GET IT INSTANTLY AT THIS LINK!!!: http://jimmyfingersmusic.com/?page_id=13

jfingaz123 wrote:Roland Super JX10 (smoothest pads EVER)
The JX8P/JX10/MKS70 is actually my favorite analog polysynth! It can sound amazingly digital for an analog synth, which makes some pretty unique sounds possible.
The pads that can come out of it are simply amazing.

Cheers
Dennis

Everything i own is irreplaceable.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Everything i own is irreplaceable.
Really? It's the opposite for me. Most things are replaceable and I don't have a problem replacing them if there's something better, in some sense that I value.

There are few things who's sound is so unique that they're not replaceable. For me, though, I don't view every unique sound as having some intrinsic value like so many here seem to do. Good example is the K2k, completely replaceable with Kontakt plus a few VSTs even though I have virtually none of the original sounds. I don't care that I have the K2k piano, for example, if I have a better piano.

Actually I was being funny and I screwed it up. I corrected the subject's use of unreplaceable with irreplaceable, but then what I meant was I'm unable to replace anything I own because I'm poor... So unreplaceable seems to work well in that context.

:hihi: sorry for being a smart ass :hihi:

But to make a sincere reply to the original inquiry: I do have stuff I wouldn't want to lose for the uniqueness factor. Such as my Peavy TransTubeFex processor. It's a 1-unit rack guitar fx processor. It's bare bones on the interface (plain text with few characters), but it has a very unique sound and creates great ambient noise loops when presented with microphone and feedback loops. A guitar playing friend once commented that no digital guitar tube emulations ever impressed him until this unit when he tried it at my place. It definitely doesn't sound like my Line 6 Pod XT Pro (which is nice on it's own). I'm not a guitarist but I love this thing for its accidental qualities :-). I also think my VG-99 is going to be a key device in my continuing experiments with my guitar, and it's not a very commonly used device, therefore kinda unique.

But I actually have a bit of a sentimental attachment to lots of my stuff, so I'd hate to lose any of it :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I think the only hardware I consider irreplaceable is my 1980 G&L Skyhawk, and the only real reason is I have a strong sentimental attachment to it. It was just a great time in my life and my music and I really bonded to it, though it's just a good strat style guitar.

Everything else... I really like what I have but I know from my history that I "love the one I'm with" when it comes to gear. I'm always on the search for good and interesting sound and I'd really be just as happy being 100% ITB with synths and effects if they get to a point where they make me as happy. Of course, some, that have no real hardware equivalent, Absynth, Harmor, Iris, etc, already do.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:I think the only hardware I consider irreplaceable is my 1980 G&L Skyhawk,
and a towel rack
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:lol:

I wrote that as I sit in the dark eating dinner my wife brings me from a wedding reception I can't attend because my daughter has a stomach flu.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”