Can the akai mpd 32 be configured for live performance?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Title

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yes

What percentage should be triggered prerecorded sequences and what single instrument hits? May get down to learning how to use it live

I wouldn't want to learn if I already didn't have the mpd32. Its been collecting dust from an impulse buy over 2 years ago, but my laptop broke and I need something else to go with the mpd. Is a Microsoft surface 2 good? It needs to have good speakers

I use fl studio 11

:hihi:

Can fl studio be used tablet style?

There's a free firmware update for the MPD32 which allows it to be used as a standalone instrument without the need for a connected computer or hardware device.
There's also a simple mod for fitting the MPD32 with an internal speaker.
I usually have trouble deciding which pads to assign to sequences and which to make single hits, but with the latest firmware update I can set all 16 pads to Continuous Random Select; I find this keeps my performances fresh (and keeps me on my toes!).

dformd wrote:There's a free firmware update for the MPD32 which allows it to be used as a standalone instrument without the need for a connected computer or hardware device.
There's also a simple mod for fitting the MPD32 with an internal speaker.
I usually have trouble deciding which pads to assign to sequences and which to make single hits, but with the latest firmware update I can set all 16 pads to Continuous Random Select; I find this keeps my performances fresh (and keeps me on my toes!).
Tell me moreabout the mod for internal speaker

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”