Behringer X-Touch controllers

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Article on it here over at MusicRadar

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/nam ... s-592989/2

For $600 this looks like an awesome thing to own. I've always had my eye on the Mackie MCU system but this looks pretty amazing for the money. I can't wait to see the reviews on it to see if its worth the price.

Here is a run down of the X-touch

NAMM 2014: With its motorised faders, Behringer's BCF2000 proved to be a very popular affordable MIDI mixing controller. Now the same company has announced the X-Touch range, with two of the products contained within it appearing to be spiritual successors to the BCF.

You can find out more about the X-Touch Compact and X-Touch Mini by clicking through our gallery, but we'll start with the flagship X-Touch model.
Behringer X-Touch specs

Universal DAW Remote Controller for Studio and Live applications
Supports HUI* and Mackie Control* protocols for seamless integration with every compatible music production software
9 fully automated and touch-sensitive 100 mm motorized faders
8 dynamic LCD Scribble Strips for instant overview of track names and parameters
Ethernet interface for RTP (Real-Time Protocol) MIDI and future BEHRINGER X32 remote control
8 rotary controls with LED-collars for on-the-fly adjustments of your favourite parameters
92 dedicated illuminated buttons for direct access of key functions
8-segment LED meters per channel for precise level control
Large jog/shuttle wheel and tape-style transport controls for intuitive operation
Built-in 2x2 USB/MIDI interface for direct connection to Mac* or PC computers and one external MIDI device
2 dedicated footswitch connectors and one foot controller input for external remote control
2-port powered multi-TT USB hub for connecting additional controllers
"Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V ) and low power consumption for energy saving
3-Year Warranty Program**
Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany

More info over at http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X-TOUCH.aspx

One thing I think is really cool is that you can daisy chain more units up if you need more faders.
:borg:

It does look good and I have been looking out for it ever since the announcement but latest suggestions are it will not be out for many more months yet

One thing I noticed is the x-touch supports mackie control and hui, while the compact and mini only support mackie control. OTOH, they support dual layer mode which does not seem to be the case for the x-touch.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”