Yamaha VL70m sysex patches?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apart from the expensive Patchman banks there doesn't seem to be any sources of VL sysex patches or banks that I can find - anyone have any links to some?

Here is a pointer (Notes Norton's page - he is still around as a wind controller player) - it may prove fruitful (or even fruitless) but it was the first thing that sprang to mind:
http://www.nortonmusic.com/VL70-m.html
Always learning....

Thanks - I do have those patches but the problem is they are not sysex so only work in the editor software which doesn't run on newer Macs.

Apologies - that highlights my midi ignorance! Hope you find what you are after. The VL70-m is an amazing module. I have the Patchman EPROM in mine and it is so expressive with my EWI4000s.
Always learning....

No need to apologise you were just being helpful :) I've looked all over for sysex patches - not sure why they are so hard to come by but I guess it might be because many people tended to use the defunct visual editor rather than programme it directly so most patches are in that format. What might work though is if someone is still able to use the editor they could load it and then do a sysex dump of the bank.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”