Hot Hand USB

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hot Hand USB

I'm really enjoying mine. Lots of cool possibilities.
Using Max/MSP to process the control streams is a lot of fun. Sending the control signals to a modular synth via Silent Way is bonkers! I attached the ring to my cat's collar and had her chasing a laser pointer, the results weren't worth recording but we had a lot of fun!

Can't wait to see what you guys do with yours.

robojam wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
mztk wrote:excellent, what everyone has been waiting for.
how much is it? what' with the 8+4quid?
oh yeah 20bucks plus US import thing..
great price though.
Yeah, over here (UK) even if there's no customs duty, we get charged VAT on incoming goods. That was the £4. The other £8 was how much the postal service charge for charging the VAT. What a system, eh? :)
I don't think it's everything though. Isn't there a threshold over which it gets charged?
The threshold is £135 before import duty gets added too, according to the customs sticker on the box...
Nothing gets charged on anything under £15, though.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
great price though.
Yeah, over here (UK) even if there's no customs duty, we get charged VAT on incoming goods. That was the £4. The other £8 was how much the postal service charge for charging the VAT. What a system, eh? :)
They do weird things like that here... :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

justin3am wrote:I'm really enjoying mine. Lots of cool possibilities.
Using Max/MSP to process the control streams is a lot of fun. Sending the control signals to a modular synth via Silent Way is bonkers! I attached the ring to my cat's collar and had her chasing a laser pointer, the results weren't worth recording but we had a lot of fun!

Can't wait to see what you guys do with yours.
I'm thinking of recording Spring vs Lazar here. 8)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Getting mine on Thursday (just paid the duty and handling charge). :hyper:

Numark Orbit is a cheaper alternative with a few other controls besides the accelerometer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yeah but that defeats the whole point for me of not having to pick up an object while playing the keyboard

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah but that defeats the whole point for me of not having to pick up an object while playing the keyboard
I hear you, it can be strapped to your arm or another suitable appendage
Amazon: why not use an alternative

trimph1 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
great price though.
yeah, you pay 15quid for a bank transfer, and it costs 3.60eu in EU. cool huh?
i think i'm going to have to get one of these. can we buy them as gifts? :D
i mean, we could all offr each other HotHand USB for Xmas :D oops maybe not...

I'm a long time user of the Hot Hand MIDI, which I love. I just got the USB version and I'm eager to get into it... got to download that editor and start flailing!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

mztk wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
great price though.
yeah, you pay 15quid for a bank transfer, and it costs 3.60eu in EU. cool huh?
i think i'm going to have to get one of these. can we buy them as gifts? :D
i mean, we could all offr each other HotHand USB for Xmas :D oops maybe not...
The retail price is $119 ...
https://www.sourceaudiostore.net/catalog/hot-hand

oh. don't know how i got the idea it was 20bucks.. :(
i can live without it for now, more pressing issues to deal with.

Makes me think of Imogen Heap's glove-thing she uses on stage that she's looking to market soon (if she isn't already). I know someone who's going to get one the the first of those (probably a prototype still) - he's disabled with motor-neuron-disease and sees this kind of technology as a great thing for him, hard to argue against that! Looks a bit complicated to me, but then good instruments are often not easy to play.

This thing looks a bit simpler and more useful to someone like me who isn't a natural performer.

Still trying to get to a competent level with a kb though, so will stick to that for the time being. A gadget like this might just prove a bit of a distraction to me.

Looks cool though!
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”