Roland JD-Xi to be anounced at messe 2015 :)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Katelyn wrote:I could of [???] sworn they said they were doing full digital …
I guess you meant to say "could have sworn". :hihi: You know, an auxiliary verb. The preposition "of" looks a bit out of place, wouldn't you say?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Oh FFS, grammar nazis do not add anything valuable to the conversation except a sense of smugness...

I think the important thing to pick up from that video is that this synth has ANALOG components, and the oscillator is ANALOG, and it has an ANALOG filter which is purely ANALOG. The synth is sort of a hybrid, but it has some truely ANALOG components in it, if i understood it right.

all i can say is "wow". was never convinced by microkorg, micron or mininova
due to their digital nature.

roland have finally moved their arses and entered the game and this looks
like a game changer. too bad i have a feeling it's gonna be pricier than the
aforementioned.

...and then there came the Roland JD-XA

Bah! Synths with full size keys don't sound as good..... :P

ftech wrote:Bah! Synths with full size keys don't sound as good..... :P
But with small keys it can be used as a desktop synth :)

my eyes, my eyes!

Looks sexy, but dunno if I could work with that interface for long periods without getting a migraine. :tantrum:

But great to see these new developments from Roland. Credit where it's due!

Full details on the JD-Xi
http://www.roland.co.uk/products/jd-xi/

db3 wrote:Full details on the JD-Xi
http://www.roland.co.uk/products/jd-xi/
You was faster than me :)

Juno JD-XI SPecs:

37 mini keys (with velocity)
Sound Generator Section
Maximum Polyphony
129 voices (Digital Synth/Drum Kit: 128, Analog Synth: 1)
Parts
4 Parts
(Digital Synth Part: 2, Drums Part: 1, Analog Synth Part: 1)
Tones
Digital Synth Tone (SuperNATURAL Synth)
Analog Synth Tone
PCM Drum Kit
* For an analog synth tone, the oscillator, sub-oscillator, and filter sections consist of analog circuits.
Effects
Effect1 (Distortion, Fuzz, Compressor, Bit Crusher)
Effect2 (Flanger, Phaser, Ring Mod, Slicer)
Delay: 2 types
Reverb: 6 types
Other
Pattern Sequencer
Tracks: 4
Vocal Function
Vocoder
Auto Pitch
Auto Note
Other
Favorite, Arpeggio
Controllers
Pitch Bend/Modulation Wheel
Display
16 characters 2 line LCD
Connectors
Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
Input Jack (LINE(MONO) / Guitar Input): 1/4-inch phone type
MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
USB COMPUTER Port (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI)
(Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB port that support Hi-Speed USB.)
DC IN Jack
MIC Input Jack: XLR type, unbalance
Power Supply
AC Adaptor
Current draw
1,000 mA
Accessories
Owner´s Manual
AC Adaptor
Microphone
Size and Weight
Width
575 mm
22-11/16 inches
Depth
245 mm
9-11/16 inches
Height
85 mm
3-6/16 inches
Weight
2.2 kg
4 lbs. 14 oz.

stimresp wrote:my eyes, my eyes!

Looks sexy, but dunno if I could work with that interface for long periods without getting a migraine. :tantrum:

But great to see these new developments from Roland. Credit where it's due!
Or see lots of blood stains running down the walls after looking at it for some time and quickly look around the room afterwards :hihi:

£399.00

many people complain on the internet that this product is wrong and that roland should get their act together.
wow! it's not completely on the analog bandwagon? it's useless. LOL.

People wake up!

I couldn't ask for more from a synthesizer in 2015 and roland have outdone them with this one.

First of all the JD-Xi has a completely analog voice. It's made up of the analog oscilator, sub-oscilator and filter.
How much are monophonic synths with the same specs nowadays (mopho, mfb nanozwerg, eowave domino, the doepfer one)?
Around £300.

Then we've got the Roland SuperNatural voices? How could you get access to the fantastic SuperNatural until now without buying
a new Jupiter, Integra and the likes. How much are those? In the 1000's.

And to top it up we got a f***king step sequencer with 4-tracks and let's not forget the keys.
How much would that cost. Around a couple of 100's as well.

So we get all these "worlds" for £399. This really seems like a winner.

The only doubts I have whether or not to buy it, is that it covers so much ground that I might neglect my precious plug-ins.

cocoazenith wrote:it's not completely on the analog bandwagon? it's useless. LOL.
For me, they could completely stick the analog component. I mean it's pretty obvious that they bring it just for the synth to be analog, because the people are gasping for it. Why is completely beyond me, i mean it's not that we don't have gazillions of monophonic analog synths yet, which all can do nice sounds from the 80ies, but are completely useless for modern music production.

chk071 wrote:
cocoazenith wrote:it's not completely on the analog bandwagon? it's useless. LOL.
For me, they could completely stick the analog component. I mean it's pretty obvious that they bring it just for the synth to be analog, because the people are gasping for it. Why is completely beyond me, i mean it's not that we don't have gazillions of monophonic analog synths yet, which all can do nice sounds from the 80ies, but are completely useless for modern music production.
yes, it's definitely a marketing compromise. A full blown SuperNatural mini-synth would've good enough for me as well.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”