Sequential Prophet 6 !!! NAMM 2015

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All over my face. :)

Time to sell that kidney.

Wow !

This is truly amazing.

I wasn't expecting it, but now that this beauty is out, I will surely be buying it.

I used to own the Original Sequential Prophet 5 during the late 80's. Now this will bring all that Nostalgia back.

Good Times Ahead.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Last edited by Muziksculp on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

dave smith is totally on a roll in product lines,just got a pro 2 so buying the prophet 6 is out of the question for me this year(any idea on price?),sounds totally amazing of course,you have to give DS credit for revamping this synth,no who the hell would want rolands new shitty plastic synth after this
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote:dave smith is totally on a roll in product lines,just got a pro 2 so buying the prophet 6 is out of the question for me this year(any idea on price?),sounds totally amazing of course,you have to give DS credit for revamping this synth,no who the hell would want rolands new shitty plastic synth after this
I agree, Dave is really stepping things up, but don't underestimate the power of marketing. Roland's not nearly done raping its past.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

MAP is about $2800 USD according to Chris Hector/Pym of Dave Smith Instruments.
Last edited by eXode on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds very nice, looks good as well. Is it made in the US or China?

eXode wrote:MAP is about $2800 USD
Wow, that's cheaper than I expected.

Looks nice. Im guessing about £3k tho.

With a MAP of $2700 I'm guessing made in the US like the Pro-2.

I didn't find that the Pro-2 was for me ultimately but I've always noticed DSI's build quality. Very good overall.

I am definitely going to try my best to get one of these. It's truly great thing that they finally gave us what we've been asking for. VCOs, poly, real rich sound. So excited about this.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

nm

zerocrossing wrote:
damoog wrote:dave smith is totally on a roll in product lines,just got a pro 2 so buying the prophet 6 is out of the question for me this year(any idea on price?),sounds totally amazing of course,you have to give DS credit for revamping this synth,no who the hell would want rolands new shitty plastic synth after this
I agree, Dave is really stepping things up, but don't underestimate the power of marketing. Roland's not nearly done raping its past.
true but only in digital form (for the moment),after that they might wait 12 months and then start with the REAL analog stuff just to piss kvr members...integra in my opinion is the only thing roland have going for them now...i do have this TR8 sat in front of me which i own but it is more like a toy
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Hoping it does better than Sequential Prophet 3000 which bankrupted them back in '87 :scared:

Nah, this thing will sell a truckload. The timing is perfect and the feature improvement is great.

No other poly analog synth is available in the market to compete with it.

SC went bankrupt since people were going digital craze at the time, now everyone is clamoring for analog.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”