Korg Minilogue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IncarnateX wrote:
olikana wrote:it was an erroneously programmed envelope that would cause ciclks even when playing sounds with attack and release raised, even on pads.
As said and as showed in my first line of bass tests, which has no clicks, I could eliminate them with attack and release raised, even on 1.04. Unless you are trying to say that I am lying about being on 1.04 during my first tests on the previous page or use the "subliminal clicks" argument and claim the first tests are full of them, I'd say you have been proven wrong. At least as far as these types of sounds concern.
you're simply clueless on what the problem was and maybe you didn't have time to experience it /research it. I've been satisfied since 1.11 . with 1.04 i would have returned it. the clicking fest caused by voice reset to 0 cuts was unlistenable especially in poly sequences.
Last edited by olikana on Wed May 25, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

for example this click/pop that occured in firmware 1.04 does not occur in 1.11 anymore.
and you can hear this sound had settings (raised attack and release) in which it should have never clciked.
in 1.04 i could reproduce it. not in 1.11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfny2cT_hVg
Last edited by olikana on Wed May 25, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

olikana wrote: you're simply clueless on what the problem was and maybe you didn't have time to experience it /research it. I've been satisfied since 1.11 . with 1.04 i would have returned it. the clicking fest caused by voice triggering was unlistenable especially in poly sequences.
Yeah, so you say with great authority. And what are your sources for knowing this with such certainty that empirical evidence doesn't matter? So my tests are false then? :lol:

No complainer apart from you has claimed that the clicks were everywhere. They didn't even notice until the famous "closed filter" patch from the gearslutz guy appeared. Then a couple of reviewers said that they could be eliminated with some attack and release but the fanatics refused to believe this, even though they didn't own the synth.

It is like when Jehova's witnesses is waiting for the world to collapse and this doesn't happen; they will always find an explanation for their error and wait again.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/cogni ... onance.php

the video i posted above is all the evidence you need. a sound with raised attack and release that clicked/popped in firmware 1.04 (if you can't hear it then your ears are to blame). the same sound doesn't click/pop in firmware 1.11.
your monophonic bass examples were not useful to highlight the issue.

My tests and about 98% of the vids posted on youtube reveals no clicks even on version 1.04. You claim they are everywhere and make the synth unusable. I that case the clicks should be present on all examples, a "clickfest"', but they are not and that is all the evidence needed here.

If you hear clicks on all these examples, you are hallucinating and that is that.

And so what if I have to raise the attack a little more on v.104 to eliminate a click? Should that leave the synth unusable?

Come on, man.... :wink:

Here are a couple of vids all saying the same about v.1.04: Eliminate the clicks by raising the attack and release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wszag1YQT3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mugih6IYBkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR1PrKfUvsQ

The Sonic state review also mentions the portamento workaround in mono mode.

And this is in accordance with my own experiences with v.1.04. Haven't really tested it on 1.11 because frankly I don't give a f.u.c.k as long as I can make exactly the patches I want without annoying clicks and that was no problem to me on 1.04 and still isn't whether they have improved anything or not.

oh dear what a troll, you think i've not seeen those videos? the automatic shill guy didn't even address the voice pop/click as seen in the video by sawaveanalog (the video i posted above). the click/pops in firmware 1.04 occurred before the attack stage (as mutant even showed you with a scope image)...so raising attack ddn't go anyway near solving the issue.
the portamento workaround by sonicstate somehow worked (and I used that for a few days before the voice trigger update was released)...but then you had portamento ON .
only new firmware 1.10/1.11 fixed the issue .
some pages back I had even posted the link to matrixsynth which specifically explained the problem
http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/02/anal ... logue.html
which you obviously did not read as you're still talking crap.
and if it wasn't for people complaining about it maybe korg would have not fixed it so soon.
consider yourself ignored. got no time for dumtards trolls.

It's good that Korg fixed the issue. I'm glad it's something that was easily fixable.

I was going for the Sub 37 but after reading this thread I think I'm going for the Minilogue and a Mother 32 (and maybe add some more to the Mother as a modular system).
The thing is, no dealer in the US seem to have any ML in stock. Where is Korg productions going? Just thinking.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I'm sure they are doing all they can to keep up with demand.

The Mother32 is a great starting point if you want to explore modular. It goes along well with the Minilogue. What's also great about it is that even if you have a small system like the 3-tiered one in 'clicking' video it does not take up a lot of space.

olikana wrote:oh dear what a troll, you think i've not seeen those videos? the automatic shill guy didn't even address the voice pop/click as seen in the video by sawaveanalog (the video i posted above). the click/pops in firmware 1.04 occurred before the attack stage (as mutant even showed you with a scope image)...so raising attack ddn't go anyway near solving the issue.
the portamento workaround by sonicstate somehow worked (and I used that for a few days before the voice trigger update was released)...but then you had portamento ON .
only new firmware 1.10/1.11 fixed the issue .
some pages back I had even posted the link to matrixsynth which specifically explained the problem
http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/02/anal ... logue.html
which you obviously did not read as you're still talking crap.
and if it wasn't for people complaining about it maybe korg would have not fixed it so soon.
consider yourself ignored. got no time for dumtards trolls.
Such nasty words you are using now. Are you making a hit on me?
Sweetie you used words such as "unusable" and that 1.04 was a "clicking fest". Nobody, not even me, denied an amount of clicking, question was if it mattered and it didn't in most demos, in the onboard presets and in my tests. Now if that is being unusable and a clicking fest to to you, I pity you for your lack of progamming skills and a very high and delusive click-perception bias.

Sequent wrote:I'm sure they are doing all they can to keep up with demand.

The Mother32 is a great starting point if you want to explore modular. It goes along well with the Minilogue. What's also great about it is that even if you have a small system like the 3-tiered one in 'clicking' video it does not take up a lot of space.
Yes. I'm humbling looking into the Eurorack world... immense!
The ML will keep my polyphony satisfied in that potential modular world.
You are quite right. I've seen some videos with ML and Mother. Perfect companions.

liquidsound wrote:

You are quite right. I've seen some videos with ML and Mother. Perfect companions.
The Mother is roughly as wide as a laptop. So it's also a perfect companion with the Minilogue in terms of size. Good luck in the modular world! I am in the same position as you: just starting out. :tu:

Sequent wrote:
liquidsound wrote:

The Mother is roughly as wide as a laptop. So it's also a perfect companion with the Minilogue in terms of size. Good luck in the modular world! I am in the same position as you: just starting out. :tu:
I'll keep in touch with my journey.
I'm already looking at the Mutable Instruments Clouds and MN Maths as a powerful elements to add.
Last edited by liquidsound on Wed May 25, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”