Yamaha Montage (NAMM 2016)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's a long demo video at Sweetwater:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo4jpJFMvqQ
Feel free to call me Brian.

Yikes!! FOUR GRAND.....Yes, that thing costs $4000!!!
http://www.kraftmusic.com/yamaha-montag ... sizer.html

Thanks Yamaha but I'll take omnisphere/zebra/<insert all top 10 synths> and save me a grand or two, enough to get a MoXF8, and still get 10x the sounds. :D

Who the heck buys these things nowadays anyway? At best I can see someone getting the MoXF range for live use (which is actually great for the price), but this? Kudos to Yamaha for trying but errmm...should be called 'Mortgage' instead. :D

dayjob wrote:ugh.. get rid of all the workstation bits and just give me the FM hotness in a little synth/desktop module covered with knobs.

i don't want/need AWM2 or whatever else is in it.
yes, agreed. i don't know when was the last time yamaha did something 'right' for my tastes/needs though.

Ten years ago this thread would have been 20 pages by now.

Nowadays that honor goes to IK multimedia or Spectrasonics or Valhalla and the like. How times have changed!! :)

I'm actually quite intrigued by this keyboard. Been needing/wanting a 76 key for sometime now anyway. But something I'm wondering about as I watch the different demos is if you can turn off the flashing light on the nipple.
(On or off, I don't care. Just as long as it doesn't flash).
Last edited by BBFG# on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

^
yes you can switch it off

dumbledog wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I like the Montage 6 outline the best, no space is left empty of buttons, knobs, and faders :)

But where is the beer gonna go?!?
Between c2 and d3

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA, :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

keyman_sam wrote: Thanks Yamaha but I'll take omnisphere/zebra/<insert all top 10 synths> and save me a grand or two, enough to get a MoXF8, and still get 10x the sounds. :D

Who the heck buys these things nowadays anyway? At best I can see someone getting the MoXF range for live use (which is actually great for the price), but this? Kudos to Yamaha for trying but errmm...should be called 'Mortgage' instead. :D
I just bought a MOXF and it's bloody fantastic and if the Montage is the next evolution of the Motifs - then it must be a beast. But yeah... the price is outright silly. But I guess it's more of a early bird pricing. If one should go by all the models that came from the Motif range, I wouldn't be surprised to see cheaper Montages coming out in a year or two. Almost every company does this these days. When released full price - then a year or two later - the price is more or less down 25-50 percent with different "sales".

Yes, Waves - I am looking at you.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I'll buy a montage module.

perfect time to buy a second hand motif rack :)

The motif es rack is going for around $475

Any words about user arpeggiator editor for montage?

bill45 wrote:The motif es rack is going for around $475
i haven't seen any that cheap but at that price i'd be interested.

I really do need an alternative to the integra (as polyphony gets guzzled fast and we all need a variety!) for acoustic instruments.

I thought about just saving 5k for a kronos and giving up any chance of a car this year, but the fan noise will put me off and i can't find a module of it. I don't have room for another KB.

Do the motif racks have a fan?

I must admit if i go that way, i would want the one that is just before the montage, i think that's the XS as far as racks go?

I will be patient, people will be selling them to buy montage :)

I've seen XS racks going for about $750.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”