Minimoog re-issue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://ask.audio/articles/moog-music-a ... d-reissue-

Check it out :)

Even though I now have a Sub Phatty, I'd still like to get one of these. The price seems high though as you can get a Sub 37 for less than half the price.

Examigan wrote:https://ask.audio/articles/moog-music-a ... d-reissue-

Check it out :)

Even though I now have a Sub Phatty, I'd still like to get one of these. The price seems high though as you can get a Sub 37 for less than half the price.
Cool! :tu:

This would be awesome to have - and you can probably expect Moog to support it forever, since it is the monophonic analog standard - the icon - with their name on it.

If I had the $$$ - no brainer 8)
Last edited by goldenanalog on Thu May 19, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm thinking it may be true. People on the Moog forums are talking about the possibility as well - although nothing official yet from Moog. I wouldn't necessarily have expected it, but in light of the modular re-issues, who knows? In some respects (and if I had the funds) it would be really cool to have something like that. On the other hand, I am pretty happy with my Sub37 and Mothers.

Moogfest is this weekend, so I guess we may find out very soon.

What will *really* be fun is to see the arguments that are bound to happen between those who own the original mini D's and the guys with the reissues - how each version sounds better (more vintage?) then the other -

That will lead to circuit-board mods (addon(s)?) for the reissue that will allow owners to switch between different oscillators and filters for that more nuanced retro vibe :D :tu:

Don't forget about the clicks. Oh wait, that was another synth...

Sequent wrote:Don't forget about the clicks. Oh wait, that was another synth...
:D My synth has more of a vintage click then yours :D

Fun stuff:

http://www.dairiki.org/HammondWiki/KeyClick

Good news... Man, the charisma this synth has... I guess they priced that instead :P

It's official now. Received the email from Moog this morning. Limited initial run available just at Moogfest and then I guess more later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JObFpceZysA

Nice, but if I decide to get anything more Moog-y than my Werkstatt, it'll either be a Mother-32 or some of this....

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Looks and sounds gorgeous!
dj styleee

What's that saying "so much gear, so little time"? Definitely on the want list.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Yeah, so much gear, so little time, lol!

I so want this... but not really. Meaning... if I were to win the lottery tomorrow I would definitely be all over this! If I won that Lottery maybe I would be getting the modular as well. In real life, I could save up for this and get it, but really, what I would love to get first would be an OB-6. I'm still trying to justify what I already have in hardware.

But I'm glad that they are making these as they are like a real instrument, with real circuits, the beautiful wood touches, and made by hand... not just some plastic box! Don't get me wrong... I'm thankful for those plastic boxes and affordable (to real people) instruments out there. But I'm also glad that something like this Mini is being produced as well. :)

The price seems high to me too, having bought a SUB37 recently. Still fancy one tho' ;)

whyterabbyt wrote:Nice, but if I decide to get anything more Moog-y than my Werkstatt, it'll either be a Mother-32
I heard a few deep bass sounds with a touch of magic that seems to survive youtube compression. People were complaining a little that there were no sub osc, but if you can make a single osc sound like that, who need subs?

Question: I think it was the sos review that mentioned that you can use both saw and square with routing. But there is still no way to lower one of them an octave, right? Anybody knows?

You can use both saw and square at the same time on the Mother-32 by patching one of them in the external audio in, but there's no way to tune them one octave apart.

The Minitaur has more bass than the Mother-32; you'd want a sub on the Mother 32 if you were using it for bass after earing the Minitaur (that's not to say the Mother-32 isn't good, but you can never have enough bass, you know... :roll: :lol: )
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”