Nektar Panorama when will they Support Studio One with Deeper Integration?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was an early adopter of this keyboard,and ultimately P1 controller sitting on top of my 88. It seemed they we're hot on supporting Daws, but in the last two years they seemed to have mainly supported cubase,logic,reason. Sure there's a couple templates, basic enough for Daws such as Reaper and Studio One, but there's not deep integration.

Tech support mentioned many moons ago they we're still planning on supporting Studio One,but that Presonus had some sort of issue with their DAW that kept the folks at Nektar from completing it,so my question now is,after all this time, Presonus or Nektar, whats going on with better furthering the support for Nektar controllers deep integration inside Presonus Studio One?

:bang:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Further strange thing as there used to be all types of talk about the support for this board. Does anyone at Nektar frequent Kvr anymore?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

We've had these talks for about a year now on various forums. They are/were all about bitwig. Clearly (if you look at the last time they released a driver or an update, at least windows/impact) they are either:

-Radically changing everything, thus going to blow us away

or

-are dead and hanging on to what they can get before they go poof.

If it's the later (and I highly suspect it), I'll still snag a backup impact because even with their flaws it's a great controller.

Next move....nektar. And w/o the bullshit "talk" ....... do something or you might as well stay away (and thanks for not signing up my account for more spam :lol: )

I often browse KVR, as I have for years now. :)

I'd prefer not to comment, other than to say I'd still like to make improvements to our integration for Studio One. I'm afraid I can't say if or when that will happen. I know it's not a satisfying response but I won't make promises if there are factors which are out of my hands. The Reaper integration though, is just as deep as our support for Cubase, and as frequently updated.

I really appreciate our early adopters. I like hearing from folks who have had their Panorama for 3 years or so and hearing it's still a part of their setup. I also like hearing that people are anxious to see what we are going to do next. Knowing what it takes to implement control surface support for DAWs, the way we do, I'm very happy with the amount of progress we've made over the last few years. We'll continue to work at our own pace and strive for high standards.

No, I won't describe what we have planned or make any veiled hints. ;D

I will say that Nektar is a very cool company to work for. We're a small team and we're all very passionate about what we do. We have a lot of freedom to explore ideas and I believe that shows in our products. It means a lot to me that we continue trying to improve our products where we can, after they've been on the market for several years.

As always if you have any questions (not related to future daw support or yet-to-be-released-products), feel free to get in touch via the Nektar support system.

great, I knew I recognized your name justin,and thanks for the reply. while I thank you for your reply, this still leaves me wondering what this all means for studio one integration. is this just a matter of presonus at this point? I mean, if it is, then they're really killing me here, and plenty of others who know how damn good the nektar P series controllers are when used in DAWS that have the deep support. I was unaware of reaper getting more support,thats cool to hear! The support for bitwig is unreal, and I would Love that for Studio One.

If it is indeed presonus killing the show, customers should know imo so we can point our frustration at the proper party.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I think you have to remember Nektar are a very small company, and the controler was origonaly developed and advertised specifically for Reason. Since then they have added a lot - people forget it is an amazing hardware controler (I use it on my A4, Prophet 08 and Virus TI rack perfectly). I agree the BITWiG intigration wasn't quite finished, but then BITWiG did change the preset browser quite a bit...it is hard to hit a moving target! My P6 works great with BITWiG, no complaints although I always want more, but I am also a S13 user (seem to compliment each other) and it would be great to see intigration, but previous requests for this (and there are many) seem to have hit an impasse due to Presonus not paying nicely with Nektar (I assume some cooperation is required from the DAW coders)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I completely agree what I'm asking for is information regarding studio one. I've demoed it in bitwig,and if there's one complaint about that, those users should be shot in their face - just kidding liberals! It's perfect in bitwig, but where it struggles is in a pretty damn good daw called studio one. If it's Presonus whose killing the potential, this should be news on Kvr, then Gearslutz, until it makes enough noise on the web, that the best midi controller on the market can't reach it's full potential in this daw because etc. etc.. Until it gets back to the dev's and they do something about it, because tech support for presonus, has done nothing in that regard.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

darn such good products wish they would do ethernet eucon versions.. maybe the PT market isn't wide enough for them. Such phenomenal products, each and every one of them.. they seem to support every daw bar PT.

TheoM wrote:darn such good products wish they would do ethernet eucon versions.. maybe the PT market isn't wide enough for them. Such phenomenal products, each and every one of them.. they seem to support every daw bar PT.
I've lusted for the idea of such controllers from them, I would love it if they made a modular controller system such as eucon or even mackie at some point,that customers could add as their needs grew. I can only imagine their take on it,it would be amazing.

My daw of choice has to get on board, any of you big named artists or folks who can make a difference out there who use Studio One, Im begging you guys to start talking to Presonus regarding this!! Teddy Riley? Or even the true gear fanatics with a voice, perhaps Russ UK? Let Presonus know, that a certain lil company named Nektar could possibly take your daw to a new level.
Presonus probably wants to capitalize on such a controller at some point, and maybe this is the exact reason they won't support Nektar? The point is the faderport, is not enough! And to be honest their take on a controller ( CS18AI StudioLive RM Mix Controllers) thus far has proven to be lackluster for real studio usage. Customers have been screaming at the top of our lungs for a good controller for studio one for years!! Presonus whats the deal?? Make it if your gonna make it, and if not let Nektar build it!
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I'd be happy to have a conversation about what you'd like to see from Nektar in the future but I can't answer any questions about Presonus.
Personally, I think they make great software. I know that it's tough to prioritize the needs of the users and I think they do a good job of that. :)

Regarding suggestions to implement existing control surface protocols... We've tried to avoid that in most cases. If we decide to support HUI, MCU, Eucon, etc, it will still require a lot of work but we won't be able to add or change features in the future. I think our time is better spent looking at other ways of controlling the software we use. We have some pretty exciting ideas but I'm afraid if I go into any detail it might turn into a hype monster. :oops:

What I meant was control surfaces, sorry, meaning like dedicated mixers,add on channels with at least 8 motorized faders - for mixing with groups,Vca's and busses etc. also dedicated transport control units, in a modular sort of fashion, alike Eucon or Mackie hardware. Not the protocol. I'd agree, lets keep it the Nektar way, of the integration with the software, no need to look backwards.

i personally haven't found another Daw with the browser,realtime audio engine and slick way of creating like Studio One, so I'm just stuck really until, they decide to support it. Sucks though as every other DAW seems to be moving forward in terms of Nektar support. Presonus has a faderport, yay! not
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

justin3am wrote:We have some pretty exciting ideas but I'm afraid if I go into any detail it might turn into a hype monster. :oops:

That's it, let us know what ya got planned please,or at least some clues ;) 8)
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:
TheoM wrote:darn such good products wish they would do ethernet eucon versions.. maybe the PT market isn't wide enough for them. Such phenomenal products, each and every one of them.. they seem to support every daw bar PT.
I've lusted for the idea of such controllers from them, I would love it if they made a modular controller system such as eucon or even mackie at some point,that customers could add as their needs grew. I can only imagine their take on it,it would be amazing.

My daw of choice has to get on board, any of you big named artists or folks who can make a difference out there who use Studio One, Im begging you guys to start talking to Presonus regarding this!! Teddy Riley? Or even the true gear fanatics with a voice, perhaps Russ UK? Let Presonus know, that a certain lil company named Nektar could possibly take your daw to a new level.
Presonus probably wants to capitalize on such a controller at some point, and maybe this is the exact reason they won't support Nektar? The point is the faderport, is not enough! And to be honest their take on a controller ( CS18AI StudioLive RM Mix Controllers) thus far has proven to be lackluster for real studio usage. Customers have been screaming at the top of our lungs for a good controller for studio one for years!! Presonus whats the deal?? Make it if your gonna make it, and if not let Nektar build it!

it seems besides logic, which works with everything, every dev wants to pimp their own controller.. perhaps presonus are planning something like a bigger faderport. Faderport has issues in PT.. PT has it's own line around the 1000 mark each. Good stuff i must admit. Ethernet eucon stuff. They work in logic perfectly too.
Cubase has their excellent cc 121 which works pooey in other daws but is tailor made for cubase, and so on.

I don't know what the nektar is missing in S1, but let me understand correctly.. is S1 capable of understanding the nektar's protocol 100%, i.e, COULD the nektar guys program the same deep level of compatibility as they do with logic and cubase for S1, or is it actually a limitation of S1?

What about the new behringer thing, it looks wicked, is that compatible?

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/B ... CH/p/P0B1X

I've thought about the BEHRINGER X3,I think it uses a mackie protocol not 100% positive, but where Nektar differs is it has deeper menu's that allow you to dive into a Vst+Vsti , so if I want to work with an EQ, I'm there if I want to play with a filter cutoff Osc,etc. etc.etc. on a synth I'm there.

Nektar's tech support mentioned to me about 3 years or so ago,that Presonus has a layer that affects the integration (in a bad way) for them to do such a thing. I think, it's the control link thing, I've never liked it. They force you to use their way of mapping vs. typical midi mapping, which it works for some things,but in the case of Nektar controllers it doesn't.

Nektar controllers now only offer the very basic internal mode in Studio One. So Instrument,Mixer and transport level aren't being used to their capabilities. It does offer some mixer functions, and transport control, but not along the lines of deep integration with Cubase Logic Bitwig Reaper.

Logic is great,but I hate it's browser,I wish I knew more about how to control Logics browser better whereas the Studio One browser is fast and effective, Logic seems to concentrate on their content, with S1 it's all about user content,and simplifying locations.

Perhaps Logics browsers better in X? Oh and Logic, drop down windows vs. dragging plugins from the S1 browser , yep thats it, I couldn't stand that about logic.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:
justin3am wrote:We have some pretty exciting ideas but I'm afraid if I go into any detail it might turn into a hype monster. :oops:

That's it, let us know what ya got planned please,or at least some clues ;) 8)
But I've been hearing that for a while. Again, great products, decent support, don't/won't stop using it. But it's been over a year since anything with impact.

6-9 months is really about max before people start to wonder what happened.

Also, clearly, your allegiance fluctuates a lot. First was reason, then some other compatibility, studio one was included (basic version) and then you switched to bitwig.

Still have a confirmed bug that I don't think would be too difficult to fix, if the devs were doing anything?

Sorry, I've just heard it all before. In the meantime, I'll just continue using mine and hoping that it doesn't "break"

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”