4000$ to spend on VA or Analog Synths

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congrats! Have fun!
That's a great way to start. You have enough modules to get some sounds and modulation going but you have plenty of space to expand.

Thanks Justin...and yes, plenty of space to expand...by next week i might be looking for another case...LOL.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:Thank you guys, i just ordered my first batch:
D 1-100 P9sw
D A-132-3 DVCA
D A-140 ADSR
MN Maths
MN DPO
MI Yarns
Surely you will enjoy it! :party:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Of course do as you wish... but it seems to me like you might be well served to slow down a bit. You purchased a sub37, a Virus Ti, now a significant modular setup, more software too... no offense meant...
It's like watching Paris Hilton shopping for handbags, after a relationship ends :P
:lol:
No auto tune...

As of now this is where i am except the AJH MM Line
and the Intellijel MutaMix which i am waiting for for the top raw:

Time to order your next case! :hihi:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Looks like you'll be having a lot of fun with that rig and you still have plenty of room to expand.
I also got an Intellijel Mutamix recently, for my drum oriented rack. I haven't had a chance to rearrange that case yet but from my initial testing, the mute sequencing is a lot of fun. Especially for drum modules. It also works great for routing different triggers from the BeatSetp Pro.

deastman wrote:Time to order your next case! :hihi:
Already ordered the A-100PB, the base for this case, 84HP, 6U.

Justin, i just got the Basimilus, i am waiting on the Octone Sequencer,
that thing is sick with Basimilus since each step has a CV out.
And i don't really have space to expand here, MutaMix and Octone will
take this space down here and the AJH MiniMod line is going on top.
It is a 5 VCOs, 2 VCFs and a Drum Module system now, i tried tonight
Multitimbrally...i forgot the Virus TI 2 already.

Basimilus Iteritas is one of my favorite modules. Here is a picture of my drum rack:

I have another set of TipTop rails and rack ears to mount, so I can add a third row for the Mutamix and a few other things I have planned (some DIY drum modules and a Trigger Riot).

My primary modular project for the next few months is described here.

Nice Setup man.

Well, it's nice for drum stuff. Needs more modulation sources. I supplement it with the Microbute and the CV outputs from the Analog Four which sits on the shelf below.

I do most of my sound design stuff with a 9u mutt, a Make Noise Shared System, and 3u control skiff.
There are more pictures here

What do you think of the VCF-74? I'm a sucker for those kinds of combo high-pass/low-pass filters like on the Korg MS/DV/700 synths and the Buchla 291. I love my Korgasmatron and I'll be starting a DIY project based on the 291 soon. I often use my QMMG that way as well.

justin3am wrote:Well, it's nice for drum stuff. Needs more modulation sources. I supplement it with the Microbute and the CV outputs from the Analog Four which sits on the shelf below.

I do most of my sound design stuff with a 9u mutt, a Make Noise Shared System, and 3u control skiff.
There are more pictures here

What do you think of the VCF-74? I'm a sucker for those kinds of combo high-pass/low-pass filters like on the Korg MS/DV/700 synths and the Buchla 291. I love my Korgasmatron and I'll be starting a DIY project based on the 291 soon. I often use my QMMG that way as well.
I'm also curious about the VCF-74. I wasn't aware of that one. I've been envious of a friend's 770 for years now because it sounds so good running drums through it's filter. I checked out a few demo videos yesterday and it didn't really stand out as anything unique, but I'm still very curious to hear some drums through it.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Ok, in Control i tested over 20 Filters, few of them i got home and returned back such as the
E 440 (that made me shiver) but i ended up with the VCF-74. The story was i never heard of it
before and in the Store Robbie told me ,,hey lets try this''. The first 15 seconds he played Audio
thru it i just said ,,i want this, now''. In an instant to me sounded like i was listening to an MS20
and he was running DPO thru it. Now i have it home, running DPO thru it but also Diva and Bazille.
This is one of the best Filter i have heard outside in the last few years, i am waiting on my AJH
MiniMod VCF soon to arrive too but i know they are different. If someone asked me to come up
with my own word to describe the 74 would be Creamy and Squirty, this thing has balls.
Love the Combo of HP and LP plus everything has its own CV In. I ran my Basimilus Iteritas thru
it too but that is a more complex thing since the Itaritas has some many Parameters that affect
the Sound too...anyhow for the price buying this it will never be a mistake, it is a Korg 770 VCF.

Ok, here is some noise from my synth...i love it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Ye2nvJa8o

YAY!!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”