How to connect the left speaker if the left input is broken

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a problem with the speakers , right one is working but I cant connect the left one because it felt down and it damaged left input aux on main speaker (right ) - (part of the jack is stucked inside)

Left speakers has only this connection which goes directly to the right speaker/monitor.

How this can be done without having to bother the left input ?
:?: :( :? :pray: :dog:
Last edited by grimegray on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:help:

Replace or repair ... :shrug: They don't look expensive. I would replace them.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Replace or repair ... :shrug: They don't look expensive. I would replace them.
Yes they were like 100$ , I would but I dont have any money atm so I thought something can be done , like different connection route , maybe with that last picture cord/wire/cable (If somehow I could manage only left to work would be great. beacuse it is better than right(distorded woofer because of fall), dont know whether it is necessary to have the left input aux pluged in or can somehow work only with the wire (last pic)
or maybe connect them both to something else hm
Last edited by grimegray on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

:?

You could try taking the speaker apart and removing the snapped off connector, or replace the connection (if you can find something suitable). It might be possible to "bodge" an internal connection to the cable, if you have the skills.

I have the impression that what reads "input" for the left speaker should be "output" as it says "input from right speaker" on the left one. Let me explain.
It could be that the right speaker contains the amplifier used for both speakers. That usually happens on cheap speakers.
If that's the case, even if you managed to connect anything into the left speaker, it would output unamplified sound (so at a very low volume).
Last edited by Ghostwave on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

double post
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Open the speaker and remove the broken jack. If you can find the right part, replace it. If not, cut the broken connector off of the wire and solder the leads directly to the board, to which the jack is mounted.

It shouldn't be a difficult repair. You may even find that the RCA jack is open from the back and you may be able to push the broken part of the connector back out, so you can use a different cable.

I never had any experience in fixing this.
So I opened it and I see that behind the red/white output there is a black box part for which I'm not sure if can be opened and it has no wires coming out of it,

Then I found this tutorial on youtube , I think I am going to do it , cant lose much. What do you guys think ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XZhQnQwjss

Well thats not working :neutral: :dog:

[SOLVED] :!:

Thank you, with some help I managed to open it ,remove the broken piece out and rewire the left RCA with some old that I found
I know it's bad job taped , but I had no electrical/duct tape near at hand
:tu:

:tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”