Midi Controller Not Always Recognized

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,

I'm having this weird issue with my old midi controller (Evolution u-control uc-33).
FL studio detects it after installing the drivers. But if i exit fl studio and come back again, it doesn't get detected anymore. So then i have to switch to another usb port and it gets detected again. But the same problem keeps occuring untill i run out of usb ports and then i have to reinstall the drivers again to get it working.

It's very annoying and i can't figure out why this is happening...

Anyone got an idea what could be causing this problem :?:

Thanks

At least check out that you have latest firmware in uc-33.
I had one long ago - and there was an update from what was in it when I bought it.
Update should fix something regarding contact over usb.

As I recall, it worked as class compliant as well, as long as you didn't use the midi in/out also.
But this was like 7-8 years ago -s o I may remember wrong.

No need to install drivers.

I had a similar problem with all my midi controllers in all my hosts on Windows 8.1.
Tried a couple of reinstalls of Windows which didnt solve it. Never found a solution online.

Installing Windows 10 solved it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

lfm wrote:At least check out that you have latest firmware in uc-33.
I had one long ago - and there was an update from what was in it when I bought it.
Update should fix something regarding contact over usb.

As I recall, it worked as class compliant as well, as long as you didn't use the midi in/out also.
But this was like 7-8 years ago -s o I may remember wrong.
Thanks for the info. I haven't found allot about firmwire updates on google. Maybe because it's already an old controller...I'm not sure what class compliant means.. :?:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:No need to install drivers.

I had a similar problem with all my midi controllers in all my hosts on Windows 8.1.
Tried a couple of reinstalls of Windows which didnt solve it. Never found a solution online.

Installing Windows 10 solved it
Thanks for the tips.

Not really planning to install windows 10 on this old pc. Running windows 7 atm.
Oh well... Atleast there's still a workaround for me by reinstalling the drivers again when it's not working.
Better than it not working at all i guess :neutral:

Did you try completey uninstalling any drivers and then let the device be re detected?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Rowbance wrote: Thanks for the info. I haven't found allot about firmwire updates on google. Maybe because it's already an old controller...I'm not sure what class compliant means.. :?:
At least check drivers - but not sure if this place is accurate or safe or anything:
http://hardwaredata.org/index.php?driver=23963

Hiddeous amount of drivers of claimed very recent update - I would be careful and check with antivirus before install. Seems too good to be true.

Compliant just means that OS regular drivers are enough - nothing from vendor is necessary.

Just certain features in UC-33 that require driver. So try as class compliant without a driver installed. I ran mine most of the years without any.

Did not find firmware either at a quick search. UC-33 is Evolution UC-33e that was owned by M-Audio which was owned by Avid etc. So many places to look.

As last resort - email m-audio.com and ask for latest firmware and drivers as well.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”