Can't listen to the new group sound?!?! HELP!!

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! Please can someone help me!!
When I create a new 'group' it still sounds the first group sound when I play the MIDI controller. How can I hear the newest group sound so I can edit/loop it etc?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated! :?
'Only came outside to watch the night fall with the rain...'

Have you deselected the first group and selected the new group via right click on the group tabs?
The tab of the selected group will be blue, deselected will be grey.

Top marks & thank you!!!!! That was bang on. I am also finding the looping a bit of a chore. In Kontakt and many other samplers you can see a waveform. I'm finding it hard to get rid of looping clicks as the looping feature doesn't seem too precise? Again, is it me being a noob or is that how it is?
Many thanks for your kind help!

placemat wrote:Top marks & thank you!!!!! That was bang on. I am also finding the looping a bit of a chore. In Kontakt and many other samplers you can see a waveform. I'm finding it hard to get rid of looping clicks as the looping feature doesn't seem too precise? Again, is it me being a noob or is that how it is?
Many thanks for your kind help!
It's best to loop your samples in a standalone audio editer, i.e. Soundforge, Extreme Sample Converter or similar, before loading them into Maize Sampler. This looping information is then "read" by Maize Sampler.
Personally I use Extreme Sample Converter which is excellent at looping samples.
You'll find it here http://www.extranslator.com/index.php?page=exsc
It's not free though (39 euros) and is Windows only.

Many thanks, €39 seems a bargain if it works, and from your reply it seems so.
I will look into it. I wish the program had cut off & resonance controls! Apparently the first one did?! Maybe the creator could introduce this in version 3?

Just a quick update. I decided on Extreme Sample Converter and it is awesome. Not only is the auto loop feature superb, but it can pretty much convert anything. It's made my looping life a lot easier!

placemat wrote:Just a quick update. I decided on Extreme Sample Converter and it is awesome. Not only is the auto loop feature superb, but it can pretty much convert anything. It's made my looping life a lot easier!

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if it was worth the price tag, seems it is. :)

I am finding it hard to select one of my groups from the 'overspill'. The tabs are simple by right clicking and choosing select. But when the groups go off screen and you have to click on the + symbol to see the drop down list, right clicking doesn't give you the select/deselect options, so I can't hear what I'm working on.
Anyone know how to achieve this?

placemat wrote:I am finding it hard to select one of my groups from the 'overspill'. The tabs are simple by right clicking and choosing select. But when the groups go off screen and you have to click on the + symbol to see the drop down list, right clicking doesn't give you the select/deselect options, so I can't hear what I'm working on.
Anyone know how to achieve this?

It's a lot of hassles... You have to bring them back (you can move groups back and forth) and then select/unselect the group. I have to admit that Maize isn't very good to manage instruments with a lot of groups in it. Personally, I do everything without audition in Maize, I export my plugin, test it, tweak it back until I'm satisfied.

Thanks again for the help SS!
That's a bit of a pain. I can't right click,on them to bring them forward, so I suppose I have to click on the closest tabs and push them back until the one I need appears?! I hope the creator can add right click options on the overspill samples in the next release!

placemat wrote:Thanks again for the help SS!
That's a bit of a pain. I can't right click,on them to bring them forward, so I suppose I have to click on the closest tabs and push them back until the one I need appears?!
Unfortunately, yes.

Return to “Maizesoft”