"Friction" don't work

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

When i try to run Friction.dll VSTi inside my "Reaper" Host or FLStudio DEMO host - all crashed with message like this:

Code: Select all

AppName: reaper.exe	 AppVer: 3.5.2.0	 ModName: ck_gui_envelope_32.sep
ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 0000540b
FLstudio show me the same ck_gui_envelope_32.sep error message.

Please, show me some workaround for runnind Friction ? Or just give me example MP3 file - what "Friction" can do.

Thanks for all possible help ! :help:

p.s.

also i see this for boing2 VSTi - all crashed when i try to load it

AppName: reaper.exe	 AppVer: 3.5.2.0	 ModName: ck_gui_envelopev2_8.sep
ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 00006a54

I also use REAPER and Friction runs normally without any problem. My system is Win XP32.

the graphic envelopes seem to work in most environments, you're not the only person to report error messages from them. reaper is common.

no promises, what may work is to use a wrapper for the plugin (like chainer or energyXT intrument or effect version), thus creating a different environment. i believe this has solved the problem in some cases.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:no promises, what may work is to use a wrapper for the plugin (like chainer or energyXT intrument or effect version), thus creating a different environment. i believe this has solved the problem in some cases.
xoxos thanks ! i will try to find..
bll wrote:I also use REAPER and Friction runs normally without any problem. My system is Win XP32.
Thanks, but can you give me some more detailed system info please ?
What i use:

1. OS version: Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP 3
2. HW: 
Core2Quad Q6700 2.66, 3Gb RAM.
3. Reaper v3.52 - May 19 2010, "Licensed for personal/small business use"
What is yours system ? Can you post please..
Thanks..

Also look please to some screens:

Chainer crashed

Mu.Lab

Reaper:

this error occur in all hosts, and in VSTHost(FREE)also (but VSTHost just crash silently)

May be this screens can give more information.
Big thanks for all opinions and workarounds...

i'm not sure what it is about your environment, it could be your processor (!)

as said, some people get these errors, it's likely that any other vst made with ck graphic envelopes will generate the same error :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos, have do you know some workarounds for it?
Somebody hear about workarounds for this ?

ck_gui_envelope_32.sep - i google this but nothing to find.. Only my message on KVR.
No way?..

:) not unless you have an old windows box to render files on. the vst wouldn't be much fun without the envelope module.

Friction causes my computer to restart when I try to load it in reaper! You may want to put a warning? Core2duo xp sp3. I'll try it in Live later.

:p

In REAPER, you could try to run friction as separate process. The plug might still crash, but at least you could retain your REAPER session.

To do this, open the FX window (by pressing the "FX" icon on the track or using the hotkey, I'm not sure what's the combo straight away, LOL), select friction in the list of VSTi's, select it with the right mouse button. In the menu that appears, choose "Run as..." and then "Separate process". Then insert friction into the track and it should run as a separate program parallel to REAPER.

I had to do this to make any use of horizon, because I would load it up once and it worked fine, then started REAPER's transport, but the second time I tried to do that, horizon would crash.

As I've said, this solution isn't pretty, but it should be much less likely to lose your work. This works for REAPER only. Good luck. :)

One more thing: if you create a preset for friction or horizon or another of xoxos' synths which acts up in this manner, and you depend on it for a project, make sure to give it a name and save it to disk. Don't rely on the music program's project loading to retain a certain sound.

thanks for the information :)

generally, host incompatibilities with my plugs fall into two finite categories: fatal exceptions due to ck modules, especially the graphic envelope modules, and horizon, because it uses some fairly dodgy code to write the wavetables to all voices of polyphony. in general, synthedit plugs and my plugs that don't use these modules should work.

one of these days i'll do a new version of horizon without the scaled step sequencer to keep it minimal, and with a different system of writing the wavetables which should load as fast without the crap method used now (i got stuck on coding that for weeks due to it's memory handling.. the way i knew otherwise that was 'safe' took about a minute to load every instance of the plugin). the new v. will also have more waveforms.

Return to “xoxos”