syng3 requests

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone who has followed my vst knows that i generally implement what i think is the most potentiating featureset with consideration of resourcing, and am fairly resolute in my conception of both, still i thought i'd ask :)

as suggested by the recent ess3 release, i'm working on syng3. the overall scheme will be similar to syng2: phonemes are sequenced on channel 2. the voice architecture is expanded for more realistic tone (i'm weighting realism over cpu efficiency here and have a new set of algorithms to work with) and will include a few improvements, ie. an overall power coefficient that fades from soft to strident singing. there are a few improvements under the hood, though i'm not sure yet how these will compare with sample based instruments like vocaloid for realism.

i'm not sure if there'll be a customisable feature yet - i'm hoping to offer some built-in sets, eg. to switch between the current RP and general american (and general australian if i can swing it). if there is a custom feature, it will use a text file. the user will have to use praat (free software) to derive their own formant information. of course, given my reported user base, my primary concern here is being able to offer a french set. my french hasn't improved since last time.

no ETA yet, i'm about to start on the heavy data processing segment of the project.. if you have something you'd like to see that you think would augment this scheme, please request it :) i won't be doing the words feature or any built in voice analysis though.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Only just come across this post. I don't have anything to suggest - your ideas will no doubt be a lot better than mine. Absolutely can't wait to try it out when it's ready though!

a liverpudlian set for robo-beatles covers.

spacedad wrote:a liverpudlian set for robo-beatles covers.
western american isn't enough? :D
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

dragging my feet on this, and increasingly reluctant to release a voice synthesizer based on my own voice. this means that the actual release may wait until i analyse someone else's voice. either that or i may fix the formant outside of the default range.

Sill waiting (im)patiently for this.

xoxos wrote:dragging my feet on this, and increasingly reluctant to release a voice synthesizer based on my own voice. this means that the actual release may wait until i analyse someone else's voice. either that or i may fix the formant outside of the default range.
Ummm... I have to seriously try syng2, once I figured how it works. You talk about someone else's voice, I suposing you'll provide some kind of recording script to get similar source references to analyse.

LMK if you want to try with Spanish! :D

I have a lot of insteresting questions about that because I think I can help in some ways. I'll love to hear more about syng3 and I offer myself as beta tester.

cheers, i got your pm and i figure you saw the post about the project in the other thread.. i also appreciate your interest as few people spend much time sequencing lyrics.

repeating for anyone who checks this thread.. the build from above isn't likely to be released. however i have reconceived the project with a better method.. no clue on if or when it will get built.. but that's what happened..

should it ever appear, the release (for windows at least) will include a non-vst editor standalone that should help you put your own phoneme set together for whatever language or dialect.

could be a while.. i'd be more inclined to check back once a month more than once a week. i work on things when the time is right (eg. when i have weed, which is like never)

You might consider to build too an standalone app for the lyrics editor like Vocaloid or UTAU (I don't tried it yet), I think working in 2 midi channels is a nightmare, the one I'll have tonight when trying to work with syng2. Let see what happens...:-o

If I don't get the point with syng2 I hope you can share any midi exampe file to take a look at.

One month passes quickly... :)

here's how i arrange my workspace..

i sequence the pitch first, then open channel 2 and sequence the vowels (on the beats) then go back and add consonants (generally preceding the note by a few ticks)

that is how i do it.

I see, nice tip editing first the vowels! but the workflow is more in the crazy scientist man side than the usual folks used to work, ahah!

Despite the tiny difficulty I will dress my white coat and do some experiments at any time, at full volume of course. :lol:

(Bump)
Any news on Syng3, Runk?

nearing completion, a significantly better method using fft became apparent. whether the public will ever see either is beyond speculation for reasons mentioned in threads on this topic in the instruments forum, eg. providing some of my more "ardent followers" with a transmission quality version of my voice is not what i consider to be an intelligent action.

the fft version would allow users to import and share their own voices. as a person who has been covertly harassed by eg. freemasons for years, i cannot say that i have much remaining relationship to life lived otherwise. i have been divorced from a context where music is anything more than a means of influence. my tent didn't have anywhere to plug my amp in, et c.

any news on a society that cares to learn and acknowledge how freemasons destroy the lives of persons who offend them?

i'll have a release out fairly soon using fft.. not a vocal synth though, and not particularly exciting.

you see, i need a larger pot to put my misi luki banana tree in, so i'm shooting for engaging about $50 of public acquisitiveness..

Mushrooms and extra Feta cheese! ...Please ! :hihi: XOXOS, is always awesome work!

Return to “xoxos”