xoxos horizon not working??

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have windows 7, Pentium dual core laptop and on board sound card.
I usually use energyxt but have also tried this plugin in reaper and still have problems.
At first when I loaded this plugin it work fine, but then when I reopened my project it wouldn't load horizon and got a message about not being able to find plugin or something like that. However I was able to take the plugin out of my vst folder, reopen the project and load a new instance of horizon. Now it seem like the more I try to use it on this system the more erratic the behavior. Now I can't load the plugin without crashing my daw.
I think I am gonna give up trying unless someone has an idea for me to try. Seem like a really great sounding synth from the few times it worked for me. This is the final message I got:
2014-08-08 08_33_38-energyXT.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here is another message I get when a project fails to load with horizon;
2014-08-09 13_36_32-energyXT.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

horizon and items from that period are known to have issues with multiple instances due to a resource, the solution being to copy the dll and rename it (soz if that's patronising i don't remember if it's noted in the zip). i haven't seen many error reports for it otherwise.

you could try using a wrapper (ext1.4 effect?) if it's worth it.

it's probably among my more mentioned synth, people ask for things, maybe someday.. loads of free unison choices nowadays..

atm i'd like to start using the steinberg sdk for vst, which i am unable to do (not many people know how to use my preferred compiler), so to release a vst now, it would take an interesting enough idea.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Thanks but I tried renaming (as in second picture "hz1.dll") and a wrapper to no avail. I get the problems whether I use multiple instances or not. I'll have to pit it aside for now.

I like the synth not so much because it is a "unison"synth, but because of the way the arp/sequencer integrates with it.

i've had some strong feedback on it. maybe one day. atm i have an edirol pcr-m1 with only one working key (airport?) so i don't get a lot of key time in.

i don't know how they did it, but they found some way to make those cheap bubble keyboards irrepairable.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “xoxos”