Free Zvon bank for Straightliner (updated June 2011)

Official support for: rs-met.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT June 24, 2011
v3: Added 31 stereo waveforms and 49 presets. Set now has 56 waveforms and 105 presets.

[EDIT August 05, 2009]
v2: Bank updated, 23 presets added for a new total of 56.

Download v3 HERE

More info in the included readme file.

I am currently making a free bank for Straightliner. My initial goal was to include in it 20 original single cycle waves and 25 presets. Currently it has 25 waveforms and 29 presets. I will not add any more waveforms for now and I want to fine tune the existing presets and maybe add a few more before releasing it.

Hopefully it should be released soon (a week or two).
Last edited by zvon on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.

hi zvon,

:tu: looking forward to the release. let us know, when it's out the door. probably best to post here again then - and whereever else, maybe

see you, robin
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Hi Robin,

The bank is up (25 waveforms and 33 presets) and available for download HERE
I hope that you and the Straightliner users will enjoy it.

The waveforms are all originals from Les Productions Zvon and they all have an acoustic origin. Their names are pretty explicit, for instance "MB Horn" is for Marching Band Horn. The only samples that were processed before making the single cycle waveforms are the "JR" ones, where "JR" stands for Julie Resynth as they are taken from that set, and the "Photon female voc 01"
which was processed in Psychic Modulation Photon softsynth.

Thanks! Just downloaded it and will get to try it to-nite or tomorrow (been in the studio for 12 hours already so hmmm....)

Hi

thanks for that - i'll also check it out tomorrow.

Looking forward to your feedback guys.

some nice patches in there. i like the singing bass preset - the sigmoidal amplitude envelope is quite unusual. i think, my favourite would be the PAD_Slow organic, but i would match the levels of the amplitude envelope's sustain loop and set a longer release time (last breakpoint to something like 0.5 s). do you have the patch set somewhere online for distribution - i mean other than here in the forum, maybe on your website or something? if so, i could set a link.

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:some nice patches in there.
Thanks!

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:my favourite would be the PAD_Slow organic, but i would match the levels of the amplitude envelope's sustain loop and set a longer release time (last breakpoint to something like 0.5 s).
I don't know about matching the levels of the amplitude envelope's sustain loop, I did try it and it's good but I kinda like it the way it is. I will give it some more thought. The release is definitely too short, an oversight on my part, I will fix it.

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:do you have the patch set somewhere online for distribution - i mean other than here in the forum, maybe on your website or something? if so, i could set a link.
I will put it on my website this weekend and let you know then, and of course you will be welcome to link to it.

zvon wrote:I don't know about matching the levels of the amplitude envelope's sustain loop, I did try it and it's good but I kinda like it the way it is. I will give it some more thought.
the reasoning is that an amp-envelope loop with non-matched levels at its beginning and end will potentially give rise to a signal discontinuity (or a click, in plain english) when it loops around. not that i actually heard a click in the first place, but when i saw the non-matched levels i listened closer (with headphones) - and i think i heard it then. but don't be bothered by such criticism - i'm a pedantic smart-ass at times. :hihi:
I will put it on my website this weekend and let you know then, and of course you will be welcome to link to it.
i hope to come up with an updated version of the synth soon (pitch envelope - yeah!) in which case i'll update my website then anyway. i'll probably establish a new section for patches, where i will put the link.

Nice patches, I like the unusual sources for the wavetables, and the use of various filters.

Aroused by JarJar wrote:Nice patches, I like the unusual sources for the wavetables, and the use of various filters.
Glad that you like it, thanks for the comments!

Hi Robin,

The pack is officially up on my website, it can be found on my freebies page:
http://lesproductionszvon.com/Freebies.htm

I have finally followed your suggestions about the PAD_Slow organic preset and also added a link to your website on my Links page.

zvon wrote:I have finally followed your suggestions about the PAD_Slow organic preset and also added a link to your website on my Links page.
cool, thanks. i'll add the link to my website when i'll do the next update of the site (which i will do when v1.2 is ready for release).

Bank will be updated with more presets, can't say when exactly as I am taken by other projects but I already have additional presets and it will still be free.

zvon wrote:Bank will be updated with more presets, can't say when exactly as I am taken by other projects but I already have additional presets and it will still be free.
Hi zvon,

nice to hear that. i'll took this as an opportunity to make a sneak-preview of upcoming v1.2 publically available, as posted over there in this other thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&start=60

...or here is also a direct download link of the new (preview) version:

www.rs-met.com/temp/Straightliner_v1.2_preview.zip

maybe you can make something out of the additional pitch envelope.

see you, robin

Return to “rs-met”