EchoLab - (closed) beta test - release candidate 1

Official support for: rs-met.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using Live 7.0.14

thelizard wrote:I'm using Live 7.0.14
O.K. grabbed, installed, tested (with the most recent demo of live LE 7.0.16) - and yes, i can hear the crackles. some slight crackles, when one changes the parameter - becoming stronger, the faster one changes the parameter, right? but they seem to be unrelated to the preset - they seem to be always there. the same - btw. - with some other plugins of mine. i would say, it's just the artifact that occurs when parameter-changes are not smoothed (which i don't do here). as the parameters are not supposed to be realtime automated (or - well - it's not possible, currently), i think, it's not a showstopper right now but i'll keep it in mind for future improvements. thanks for the hint. ...but then...it's somewhat mysterious why it wasnt present in earlier versions ....mmmmmm
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:i have fixed some minor issue in the plot (namely, that muted delaylines were drawn without their spikes, which was not intended)
Spikes still disappear when you mute in RC2 in FL here.

Dozius wrote: Spikes still disappear when you mute in RC2 in FL here.
Same here, in REAPER 3.03.
Other than that, it looks good. Recent improvements working well. :)

Dozius wrote:Spikes still disappear when you mute in RC2 in FL here.
i guess you are talking about the spikes from top and bottom? yes they disappear and that's intended. i was talking about the spikes from the middle-line that connect the cross with the time axis (formerly the muted cross-handles were just floating around without connection to the middle line).

thanks for the presets - the sweeps are cool and i like also the idea to use it as a kind of early-reflection generator. in fact, in the back of my head there's an idea for a reverb, which would have an early reflection module that works exactly that way (but based on a single multi-tapped delayline - as opposed to multiple delaylines as being the case here (for efficiency reasons - mainly memory consumption wise)).

ah ok, I just never noticed the old behaviour so when I saw stuff disappear when I muted I assumed the bug hadn't been squashed.

Your welcome for the presets. I usually never sit down and just make presets (I'm more of a create in the moment kind of person) but it was fun for a change.

Dozius wrote:Your welcome for the presets. I usually never sit down and just make presets (I'm more of a create in the moment kind of person) but it was fun for a change.
i rarely do dedicated sound design / preset design sessions either. O.K. for straightliner i did a few sound design sessions but most of my presets just somehow 'emerge' while playing around and testing features

I tried this plugin long time ago...pretty good but it missed some basic things as a vst.
Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:
One thing that I forgot to mention is that in both Reaper and Tracktion 3, the preset list in the GUI will not pop open to allow selection of preset (perhaps by design, but that behaviour is different from nearly all other vsts I've used).
Also with most vsts the host itself has a dropdown or pop up that allows the user to view all of the presets and make a selection .. this is empty in Reaper and non-existent in Tracktion 3.

yes, these are both by design. as for the host-based preset management: that is generally not supported by my plugins because it's kinda incompatible with the ways, i do these things. and what you called 'preset list' is actually just a simple text-field. i aggree that would be desirable to turn it into a popup menu, but i don't know if/when i can manage to implement that.

was it "fixed" already ?

i do like to save reaper presets for vsts.

The ability to select all nodes for group manipulation and a lasso\rectangle tool to select only some nodes. Being able to de-select by clicking outside the grid would be handy too.
good idea but a hell of a lot of work. maybe someday.
I find the one-click aspect hard to get used to. It is way too easy to add or delete a point accidentally. I would prefer a double click add\remove kind of behaviour.
mmm...must think about that.
  • right click = add point
  • right click + ctrl = delete point(s)
  • left click on a point = select/move point
  • Left click on thsurface + hold and drag = selection tool (select multiple points)
  • Left click on thsurface (one click on empty area) = non of the points will be selected.
  • Left click (on selected point/s) + Ctrl + hold + move + drag = duplicate selected points.

other than that, if you could make it work with reaper's routings (more modular...), so every tap/point will be routable (ins/outs), it could be the thing that i'm looking for currently.
"treat others as you would like to be treated."

ok check it again...

there is a redraw bug in echolab vs reaper preset:
after loading reaper preset of echo labd, the display doesn't changew until you close and reopen the window.

can you fix it please?

this plugin has really good potential!

Robin???

Reflected wrote:Robin???
Hi,

and sorry for my temporary unresponsiveness. i had an health issue with several stays in the hospital. ...a surgery with several secondary bleedings. currently i'm back and i hope, i don't have to go to the hospital yet again (but should i disappear once again, then that's why).

OK, now on topic:
i will certainly look into that GUI bug in reaper, but it may take a couple of weeks. as for the feature requests: the "lasso-select" is definitely a good idea. actually i already thought of that myself, but did not yet manage to implement it - it's a bit involved. the other mouse-behavior suggestions seem much easier. i will think about it. (... favourably)

Reflected wrote:Robin???
Hi,

and sorry for my temporary unresponsiveness. i had an health issue with several stays in the hospital. ...a surgery with several secondary bleedings. currently i'm back and i hope, i don't have to go to the hospital yet again (but should i disappear once again, then that's why).

OK, now on topic:
i will certainly look into that GUI bug in reaper, but it may take a couple of weeks. as for the feature requests: the "lasso-select" is definitely a good idea. actually i already thought of that myself, but did not yet manage to implement it - it's a bit involved. the other mouse-behavior suggestions seem much easier. i will think about it. (... favourably)

man...health come first, the ideas can wait.
take the time to take care of yourself. (training, eating well, drinking enough water, sleeping at night, fresh air and whatever is needed).

we spend lots of time on a chair...and even if we have good weight and we look healthy from the outside, the inside parts get weak and leave exposure to danger.

i donno if it was/is your case...but it can't hurt to remind those things.

I had too many sleepless nights...I forget to drink...to eat...

how much can a man sit on a chair without giving his body these fundamentals needs and still breath properly?

best wishes m8.

regarding EchoLab, it is one of my fav. I'm really glad that you are back! :love:

cheers

here is the bug: (animated gif )

It will be useful to remove the 10ms (and 0.0100 beats) limit.

it is already possible to draw (click) below 10ms, but when you move with the mouse it jumps to 10ms.. :?

I hope you feel better and heal well, Robin.
Jim

Return to “rs-met”