Geist, amp envelope, pattern.

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been trying to adjust amp envelope decay via the pattern sequencer but it doesn't seem to work for me. Neither Amp Env Depth 1 and 2 has any effect that i can hear. I've adjusted the amp env curve so that i could hear if there was any change.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Crackbaby on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hug:

Have you adjusted the amp envelope in the layer editor? By default the envelope holds at max value for the entire sample. Sounds like you need to reduce the hold amount to 0, so that only the decay stage remains.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Yes i have. I've moved the envelope points around in any possible way while also adjusting Amp Env Depth 1 and 2. I can't hear any difference at all.

Can you for instance have a closed 909 hihat sampled with full decay and then use the pattern sequencer to modulate it's decay? (as if you would play with the decay knob on the 909).

Also, what's the difference between Amp Env Depth 1 and 2 in the sequencer? The manual doesn't mention this.

It looks to me like the amp envelope itself cannot be modulated.

It is hardwired to control amplitude, but the envelope can also be routed to any of the destinations offered in the 2 menus. Modulating depth in the sequencer will affect the depth 1 or 2 of Amp 1 if it's routed to something like pitch, but not the actual amp envelope.

Might explain why it's not mentioned in the manual - it's assumed.

Peace,
Andy.

So doing that 909 hihat thing i mentioned is not possible? :?

As far as I can tell it's not possible directly. Someone else may have more info about that, or try posting on the FXpansion forum directly.

What you can do is:

Place the sample on multiple layers for an individual pad.

Adjust the envelopes as required for each layer.

Optional: on the master layer (top) set the appropriate behaviour for play mode.

In the sequencer use the "Force Layer" graph lane to pick which layer you want to trigger per step.

You can now cycle through up to 8 different versions of the hi-hat as required, each with a different envelope / other settings.

Peace,
Andy.

Good idea, i'll try that, ty :)

Return to “FXpansion”