Confusing and irritating way to name expansion packs

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got 8 expansion packs for my BFD2. I've noticed that the way
Fxpansion gives names to the kits and parts of them is not the most user friendly.
E.g. I just bought the BFD Cocktail pack. However, after you've installed this pack, you can't find any Cocktail kit in your BFD libraray (!), the name has changed to the YHG-expansion kit. And when you try to locate the different kit pieces, those are not named e.g. "YHG-snare 1" etc. nor "Cocatail snare xxx" but in the third/forth etc. way. Could you Fxpansionb be more user friendly and make easier to user to locate each kit piece.

And: could you also put clearly all instruction how to use different files.
E.g. the BFD Cocktail kit download includes in addition to the sound sample zip file also two other files: Yamaha DTXtreme III Keymaps and Files and Yamaha Cases installer for BFD2 - V.1.0.2 When you put all those files to the download are, could you include one CLEAR instruction manual 1) what these files are, 2) how and where exately in install them and 3) how to use them. Adding this small few line installation instruction shouldn't be very difficult.
For those people how use BFD every day (and the developer staff) the answer to these may be obvious but for many users this is not the case - and finding these kind of instruction every time from some huge manual is not the easiest and most practical way. Harry

Harry,

I do agree with you. Like you, I'm installing my first (few) BFD2 expansion packs, purchased during the recent offers.

However, I'm only starting to download the files and without a readme file, I'm just guessing my way around ( I'm on BFD2 only ) :

1. I've got no idea what are the "Cases" installer, but since there is one for BFD2, I suppose I'll install it.

2. Ignore presets and keymaps, as they are mainly for ECO and Yamaha DTXtreme III (this is the drum hardware right ?)

3. I think the main product for BFD2 is under the Product Audio Content (Part x of y). Since I'm only installing for BFD2, again, ignoring any file with "ECO".

4. Under the Product Audio Content, I also find a "lite" installer - and this is where I'm not sure if this is to be installed or not.

Does it means additional sound to the main installer, and have to be installed despite of a lite version, or an alternative option to load lighter sound to conserve memory (say on a laptop).

I'm sure after I've gone through the first installation, everything will be clear.. but this very first experience is a lot of guessing.

Albert

lite installer is cut down versions of their full brethren from various snares expansion packs. e.g. if you buy Oak kit, you get one of the Yamaha snares, but it's a lite version - less velocity layers and all. but you can later buy a full version (there are a few snares expansions, and one of them will contain that snare).

the "yamaha cases" is just a percussion instrument (drum cases played with drumsticks), you can skip it.

i myself never installed those lite versions - i prefer having full versions or none at all. (if you have lite but later buy full, better uninstall the lite version as it'll get in the way).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Thanks Burillo,

Your reply really helped me. I've got a pretty good idea now!

Cheers.
Albert

Return to “FXpansion”