All MeldaProduction effects updated to 6.00beta and MAutoVolume released !!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my opinion on the new skin:jsou to ošklivé tlačítko!
peace and love for all.

Grodada wrote:my opinion on the new skin:jsou to ošklivé tlačítko!
:D nice czech :D
just click Settings/Sliders ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

thank you to think of everything, really looking forward
to the first synthesizer melda. :P

Thanks a lot. I like the knobs better!

Technical Question: Have you altered the dll names of the x64 versions?'

For example MCompressor: was previously "MCompressor.dll" for both x32 and x64 plugs. Now it's MCompressor.dll for x32 and MCompressor64.dll....

Why is this? I messed up my Melda Plugs, because I ran the full installer, installed the plugs in the previous folder and now there's a "MCompressor.dll" and a "MCompressor64.dll" with the same VST-ID in one folder...

Will this naming scheme stay, or will it be changed again, to previous naming scheme?

I'm sorry to say I can not use the "minus" button when entering an exact value, that is driving me nuts. I'm on mac osx 10.6.8 and ableton live 8.2.8... please...

edit:
btw. using the backspace key when the value entering window is open does not crash ableton any more, now it just freezes the complete graphic, the sounds still plays...

Hi TabSel, I had the same problem. Did your machine also slow down with lots of disk thrashing? I deleted the old dll and it worked fine then but I think there was some problem somewhere causing this

TabSel wrote:Thanks a lot. I like the knobs better!

For example MCompressor: was previously "MCompressor.dll" for both x32 and x64 plugs. Now it's MCompressor.dll for x32 and MCompressor64.dll....

Why is this? I messed up my Melda Plugs, because I ran the full installer, installed the plugs in the previous folder and now there's a "MCompressor.dll" and a "MCompressor64.dll" with the same VST-ID in one folder...

Will this naming scheme stay, or will it be changed again, to previous naming scheme?
Personally I'd prefer the old naming scheme where both the 64bit and the 32bit versions had the same name. This way e.g. Reaper x64 ignores the 32bit versions in preference of the 64 bit versions. Now I see both the 32bit and the 64bit versions in Reaper x64.

Edit: I used the update manager to update to the latest version and some of the 64bit dlls with the old naming scheme have not been replaced:
- MAutoPitch
- MAutoDynamicEq
- MDynamicEq
- MNoiseGenerator
- MNotepad
- MNoiseGenerator
For those plugins I now have two files in my plugins folder: the old (MAutoPitch.dll) and the new (MAutoPitch64.dll). The other dlls have been correctly replaced.
Last edited by paterpeter on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paterpeter wrote:
TabSel wrote:Thanks a lot. I like the knobs better!

Personally I'd prefer the old naming scheme where both the 64bit and the 32bit versions had the same name. This way e.g. Reaper x64 ignores the 32bit versions in preference of the 64 bit versions. Now I see both the 32bit and the 64bit versions in Reaper x64.
Agreed - I'm a REAPER user too :)

- Mario

No single host I know of depends solely on the vst-id for saving/receiving preset files/locations.
If dll names differ, presets saved in x32 can not easily retrieved with a x64 instance, when using the hosts preset system.

Interchangeability in general is broken with different dll names. I never understood why devs name their dlls according to the architecture. It's the installation folder which has to differ, NOT the name.

DON'T forget to delete the VST3 plugs, too...

these were doubled, too, without "64" ending (from v5), and with "64" ending (v6), but the same VST-ID...

Such things can cause trouble with some hosts...

Grodada wrote: really looking forward
to the first synthesizer melda. :P
Indeed :D

Well, it could be changed to the original state. The reason is that users repeatedly asked me about using both 32 and 64 versions on one platform and smarter hosts should be able to distinguish both editions. In fact, it's a very stupid to use 32-bit version in a 64-bit host and since the plugins report the same name, if not ID, the host should use the name. Using filename is also really stupid. Which hosts do that? Cubase seems fine with it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

kabelton wrote:I'm sorry to say I can not use the "minus" button when entering an exact value, that is driving me nuts. I'm on mac osx 10.6.8 and ableton live 8.2.8... please...

edit:
btw. using the backspace key when the value entering window is open does not crash ableton any more, now it just freezes the complete graphic, the sounds still plays...
Yeah... well... Macs are driving me crazy, in Logic it takes all keys, in Live it doesn't take some... I'll check, but I don't think things can just work on that platform... Sorry for my skepticism :D
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Well, it could be changed to the original state. The reason is that users repeatedly asked me about using both 32 and 64 versions on one platform and smarter hosts should be able to distinguish both editions. In fact, it's a very stupid to use 32-bit version in a 64-bit host and since the plugins report the same name, if not ID, the host should use the name. Using filename is also really stupid. Which hosts do that? Cubase seems fine with it.
Cubase isn't fine with it. It creates folders named like the plugin dll, where it stores saved vst3preset files. On browsing for vst3presets for the plugin, the media bay shows vst3preset files within the folder named like dll. (in fact the vendor plays a role, too)
Save a vst3preset with the media bay, change the dll name, rescan plugs, try to retrieve the preset... ;)

Same with reaper, it even has more impact, with reamote...

Ask automap users, with automap creating plug wrapping dlls changing the dll name...

X32 & x64 perfectly live on One Platform residing in different folders. Like exes do...

Hmmm, ok, so be it, I'll put that to the original naming for the final 6.00 release.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”