MMultiBandLimiter distortion

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I have a song with verse and chorus (you wouldn't have guessed that ;-) ) and I am using MMBLimiter on it.

Verse is rather delicate, it is only composed of vox, mellow synth pad and bassdrum. This part distorts very quickly, I can't really crank up the loudness without hearing a short bit of distortion of the vox on each bassdrum beat.

When the chorus starts with a full arrangement, supersaw pad pretty loud, hihats and snares and stuff, I can crank up the limiter much more without audible distortion.

Is that normal? What's the reason for this? Is the distortion present in both parts, only it is masked by all the high frequency stuff in the chorus? That would be my guess. At any rate it seems there is music that is difficult material for a limiter and other music is easy material.

Or do I just have to find the right settings for the verse (I use presets and they work well on the chorus)?

Hi,

well, it really depends on the material. For example, if the mellow synths don't have much higher harmonics, then it is pretty easy to hear additional distortion. Personally I'm always just using the active presets and drive it up as needed, done. Could you send me a short part of the song via email? I could check myself.

Also it is possible that the spectrum layout is causing that - try disabling the master saturation (so that the results will pass 0dB) and place a single band brickwall limiter afterwards.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”