A Short Example Of MD In Action

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is an unfinished idea for a song I came up with a while back. I don't have lyrics yet, and the whole thing needs arranged. I just wanted to get it into my computer in some form before I forgot it. Anyway, the drums are pure MDrummer, based on a rhythm I put in by hand. The sounds are all stock MD drum sounds.

**EDIT** I used MDrummer 16 out, with each kit piece on it's own track (or own group). I did add reverb, eq, and compression in Reaper.

https://soundcloud.com/edward_k/gthingmp

cool ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Sounds great.

Thanks......I don't know about great! It's very rough, but I do think the drums are becoming more convincing the more I mess around with MD. I'm actually starting to prefer the sounds within MD over my other drum apps.

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Good one for a sketching :)

edkilp wrote:Thanks......I don't know about great! It's very rough, but I do think the drums are becoming more convincing the more I mess around with MD. I'm actually starting to prefer the sounds within MD over my other drum apps.
Very convincing, I'd say. Sounds very realistic to me.
M2 Mac Studio, Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid S1, Dock, UA interface, and a lot of patience...

Some credits: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-siket-mn0000237464

Relistened the snare need a lower volume or even better another choice of sample.

Simon Posford wrote:Relistened the snare need a lower volume or even better another choice of sample.
Ok, hehehe. Wasn't asking for a critique of my mix, because there isn't one yet! Just showing MDrummer in the context of a very sketchy, nowhere near finished, mixed, produced, mastered, or even completely written song idea. When I decided to throw it up here, I intentionally mixed the drums a bit louder, to focus on the drum sounds and feel. I figured, why not? No one else is posting anything they've actually done with MD so I thought I would be the first.

I still have a lot to learn, and this program is incredibly deep. It's gonna take a long time to really get a handle on everything it's capable of. I do get frustrated at times, but I'm finding out that you have to do something with it every day, or you risk forgetting what you learned yesterday! Hahaha. It's an amazing piece of software, and I don't regret buying it for a minute!

For what it's worth.....I really like that snare sound!

I like it too :) but not in this contest (accoustic).
Also i know it's just a scketching it' sjust some idea you can use.
By the way i am pretty sure i 'll achieve this without the need of 16 out just mdrummer one ouput is sufficient for to hear the drums ^^

Maybe the kick is a lot to much beater i think.
Anyway i think Mdrummer haven't good choice of snare for this style just average (i say from raw cause i know it's possible to tweak it i needed).

Anyway the most difficult thing in a virtual drummer is not the snare or the kick but more the hi-hat and furthermore the cymbals and on this you 've done a pretty good job :)
Before i had used 2 personnal kits and i wanted to share it but i can't cause the first one is the snare from toontrack expansion kit vintage and the other one one i have bought just dusted funky kit something like this.
I was in the process to make my own samples with a drummer but i haven't got the time (personals reasons).
Now i am back and maybe i 'll redo one kit cause i have lost them.Maybe with a free bank ^^.

Also i noticed in my own custom kit (only MD stock pièces) they are a lot of Default accoustic sounds and not so much from Mtotaldrum who have more option on mics positions and also really more size too but i can't achieve what i hear with my simple default accoustic kit even if i tweak the mics.
But like you if i go more deep maybe i 'll can.

All that for to say Mdrummer need more variety in the stock kit.Without to have to tweak it for 3 hours or more presets =>accoustic oriented in the next dev Vojtech?

Anyway Mdrummer is really good without this; not only for the good sound perfect for punchy rock "metal" or jazz but also for this virtual drummer and all the Tools he have.
And chained together with jamstick or ADdrums i am happy for to jam on funk or accoustic styles ^^
On Electronic side the stock pieces are just delicious ^^

Well, the thing is, there are so many options with acoustic drums and so many different opinions, that it's just not possible to make everyone happy :). I'd really like to make you and other, who don't like the default acoustic drum sounds happy, but I really don't know how :D.
Vojtech

I like the default accoustic sound and i prefer it over the ultra sampled Mtotaldrum in fact ^^
It's really versatile like i have said from scratch you can do funk a little rock superbly and metal and punk but if you need something a little more quiet like pop you can't.
Anyway i 'll try to apply effects and i think i 'll achieve good result even if it's not my way of works :) for to have this more soft sound.
Also i understood there's so many different pièces of kits sounding different.

By the way the really big issue is only the snare kick is ok, Hi hat and cymbal are very good.
Just one more snare soft pop oriented would be perfect.

Anyway like i have said with Mdrumer i am an happy bunny :p

:love:

Well, snares...never good enough :D. I have personally a problem with them too. Thing is, they are different from what you know from EZ, AD etc., simply because I recorded them :D, and I like it this way, but I understand others may not... Anyway with MDrummer you can always import samples, process with effects etc etc etc...
Vojtech

Let's look at it from another angle: You invite a drummer friend over to set up and jam with you. How many drum kits does the average drummer bring with him to a jam session? I'm thinking one, and maybe a second or third snare. The point is, when he sets up his drums, that's what he plays. Metal, pop, country, jazz, whatever you feel like playing. The drummer doesn't change his entire kit for each song. So therefore, I don't subscribe to the notion that some kits sound more 'metal' or 'pop' than others. I think it's crazy.

I think with the samples and tools available to us in MD, any kit can be constructed to sound like it belongs in any genre of music. It may just take some time to get them dialed in. I disliked the stock sounds when I auditioned them for the first few times. But the more I tweaked and substituted different kit pieces, the more I began to hear how natural they sounded (to me).

I'm not crazy about ALL of the sounds, but who's going to be? For example, I realize the MTotalDrums is the upper-end sound set. While I love the kick drums, I don't care for any of the snares at all. And I don't remember at the moment which ride I'm using, but it's absolutely fantastic!

To sum this up, I still believe MD can be the only drum tool I need. But I have to admit that I just ordered Aerodrums. Have you seen that yet? Hmmmm, very interesting indeed. I still plan to use it with the MD kits, though.

Does anyone else care to share some clips made with MD? I'd like to hear what other folks are coming up with.

Yep Aerodrums seems very good it remember me years ago i was bought 2 wiimote (even if i don't have a wii) specially for to do some airdrums ^^.
For the style side i don't agree a metal kit is really different from a reggae kit it's hard to find good reggae kit in virtual ai imo.
The natural feel of the sound of Mdrummer is pleasant it sound "raw" and i like that so i am agree with Vojtech but like you the Mtotal drums snares are very special i think :)

I use more Mdrummer for jamming than for composing but i plan to do a little demo too ;)

Ps :good cover of Elton John :=)

Return to “MeldaProduction”