MMultiBandDelay and ducking

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Is ducking achievable with MMultiBandDelay's controls somehow?

(Sorry for the brevity, I hope I can get this one single sentence through the spam filter now.)

I try to elaborate a bit more, if the spam filter let's me:

I've been testing MMultiBandDelay before and I've always liked it's controls and sound, but now I have a certain goal in mind, which is to get a delay with ducking.

I use Reaper and I read that I can achieve that with getting the input through ReaComp. I tried that and got some results, but handling the process bit tedious for me - I'm not a producer wizard of any kind. Also, I'm over the demo period and the buzzing makes testing even more tedious :roll:

(sorry for a double entry, I' better go to sleep now..)

Hi,

I have really no idea what are you trying to do. It seems you somehow confuse Delay and Dynamics, which are obviously very different things. But yes, MMultiBandDynamics can do ducking.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

If I understand the OP correctly this can be achieved by using a moulator in either follower or envelope mode, tweaking the settings appropriately and make it modulate the output volume of the delay negatively. That would be the "wet" parameter, and remember to disable the "Project unto the LFO shape" setting.
Set "Range Mode" in the modulator to "Interval", "Maximal Value" to 0.00% to duck the delay completely into silence or a slightly higher setting to hear some of it.
Set "Value" to 100%.
If using the modulator in Follower mode turn down "Level max" to around the level you want the ducking to kick in and tweak to taste, adjust "Level min" if nescessary.
Tweak the attack and release settings til you get the effect you're after. There, you should now have your ducking delay. If this is any simpler than just slapping on a sidechained compressor is another matter...

V-GER wrote:If I understand the OP correctly this can be achieved by using a moulator in either follower or envelope mode, tweaking the settings appropriately and make it modulate the output volume of the delay negatively. That would be the "wet" parameter, and remember to disable the "Project unto the LFO shape" setting.
Set "Range Mode" in the modulator to "Interval", "Maximal Value" to 0.00% to duck the delay completely into silence or a slightly higher setting to hear some of it.
Set "Value" to 100%.
If using the modulator in Follower mode turn down "Level max" to around the level you want the ducking to kick in and tweak to taste, adjust "Level min" if nescessary.
Tweak the attack and release settings til you get the effect you're after. There, you should now have your ducking delay. If this is any simpler than just slapping on a sidechained compressor is another matter...
Yes, this was exactly what I was after, thank you a lot!

I have the habit of getting too many tracks for my mind to handle. Add in special routing and I begin to feel completely lost in the mix. Getting the same effect inside of the plugin that's doing the effect keeps it much more manageable for me.

Now I can venture to buy the plug-in, since I know it does the thing I hoped it would :party: (It's very good a plug-in otherwise too, so I would have done that "some day, when I have the money" anyway, but now I know it's what I want for this actual project I have at hand.)

This is a thing melda don't want to implement in their plugs, to do it in a quicker, easier way, but it's so usefull. Maybe one day.

Since you use Reaper you can just modulate the dry/wet mix with the audio control signal from that channel using parameter modulation.
Works with every plugin with a dry/wet mix control:)
Last edited by Mace404 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

But this way you have to automate it the whole song.

No? Just touch the dry/wet mix control of the plugin, press the Param button in the Reaper FX window, select Parameter Modulation > Audio control signal, tweak settings and let the magic happen.

Thanks for the tiny tutorial :-)

Aaaah, interesting ;). Thanks god for the modulators, but it's sometimes hard to figure out the idea :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Gone soft wrote: ... this can be achieved by using a moulator in either follower or envelope mode, tweaking the settings appropriately and make it modulate the output volume of the delay negatively ...
Thank you - your post saved me bunch of time!

Return to “MeldaProduction”