MPowerSynth has been updated to 8.05b3 and just a few days left to get it for free! ;)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks, so next update is here, pretty likely the last one before the official release, so if you have some ideas, now's the time to tell ;).

Install the update simply using the newest installer from MPowerSynth page.

Check the list of changes: http://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/?id=MPowerSynth

And you have a few days to get it for free! http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... resets.php

Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Is the MPowerSynth Yosemite 10.10 OSX ready :) ?
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Didn't try, I hope so! I really hope Apple didn't make something stupid again...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

hehe i hope also ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Hi Vojtech,
Just slightly OT... the current Supported Hosts chart on the MPS product page is missing VST3 under SONAR, which was added in X3. Although I've been using the VST2 version out of habit because that's where all my instruments are located (I only have VST3 FX), should VST3 be added to the list or is there a technical reason to avoid it? Just curious...

Thanks
SteveC

Aaaah, I'll add it ;). You know there's like gazzilion hosts out there, I cannot keep track of them :). For the record, according to my stats, Sonar is used by about 4% people on Windows, hence 2% in total, so it is a very very minor host.
Vojtech

Great, thanks. And I will certainly load up the VST3 version now that I'm thinking about it!

As far as stats go, is that 4% of all Melda users that are running Windows? If so, just keep doing what you're doing - Melda is gaining a very good reputation on the SONAR forums based on cost and functionality, and particularly with users like Dave (Bitflipper) writing great SOS articles and spreading the word.
SteveC

Well, very well then ;). And yes, it's our users. But I assume the stats are pretty accurate.
Though I was really disturbed, when I found out that ProTools has 40% of the Mac market :o
Vojtech

Cool, thanks for the update!! :-)

I have a few remarks already:

- Tremolo: purpose (for me) of this is/was to have env or filter tremolos running independently for each voice. Yet when I play a chord, all tremolos start with the same phase and therefore it sounds like it is a global tremolo. Only when playing the notes one by one you get the effect of a polyphonic tremolo.
Is it possible to initialize each voices' tremolo on a different init phase so we also get the polyphonic tremolo effect for a chord?

- LFO in random mode: we now have the options "Smooth" and "Steps". When choosing "Steps", the Smoothness slider controls the distribution of random numbers. Since 100% hard steps are often not desirable (produce clicks) it would be good to have another smoothness slider which controlls the hardness of the steps, as available in the normal LFO section. Or, since "Smooth" and "Steps" are extrem cases corresponding to 100% and 0% curve smoothness, it might make sense to replace the dropdown selection between these two by a fader between these two? Then you could seamlessly blend between full steps and full smooth (which in fact resembles a smoothness fader).

- Max voices: it does not count in the release phases of voices, which was kind of the most important reason for this feature, to cut away voices in their release phase that are already very quiet but still consume CPU. Currently, you can limit voices, but if you play a lot of chords on a pad with long release (up to 10 seconds) then you still max out your CPU. So is it possible to count voices with their full lenght including release?
Also, the dropdown list only goes from 1-16. It would be good if it would contain values like 4/8/16/32/48/64/72, those are common values that help tare as many voices as your CPU can handle.

If you enable random phase on the tremolo envelopes, you'd want that to be an option, not the only behavior.

(Solution at the end of this post...)

I'm getting permission errors under OS X Lion (I don't use Stuffit):

Code: Select all

Could not rewrite file

/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/MPowerSynth.component/Contents/PkgInfo

Do you want to try again? If you select "No", the installation will abort. If you select ignore, the installation will continue without creating the file.

YES  /  NO / IGNORE
What are the permissions supposed to be for this installer? At the second try, I tried changing the permissions: same thing. On the third try I erased the file, but no: it seems the installer creates the file AND THEN wants to modify it. :shrug:

**UPDATE: I set the permissions to the same ones as the previous installer and the installation worked. FYI!

Tremolo init phase - no I'm afraid, it needs to start from 0, because otherwise there could be an abrupt change in the beginning if you wouldn't use "fade-in". Of course, a lot can be done with this - random rate difference and stuff, but I'm not sure if that would be that awesome...

Random steps - well, you wanted steps, now you don't want steps :D. So use the smooth mode :D. We could redefine the steps and stuff, but...

Max voices release stage - hmm, that doesn't seem to be true, I just checked, a huge release, just one voice, it is clearly killing the previous one...

Permissions - yeah, well, Mac OS... Fortunately Mavericks seems to be good in that... But this one is checking fonts instead :D. I really don't know, who is in the Apple dev team, but they should clearly start from scratch... :D
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Tremolo init phase - no I'm afraid, it needs to start from 0, because otherwise there could be an abrupt change in the beginning if you wouldn't use "fade-in". Of course, a lot can be done with this - random rate difference and stuff, but I'm not sure if that would be that awesome...
I see, that's a problem. Hmmmmm....

Random steps - well, you wanted steps, now you don't want steps :D. So use the smooth mode :D. We could redefine the steps and stuff, but...
Actually with the patch I was just programming, I got clicks when I let the random run too quickly. The thing is, I wanted to sync the arpeggiator to 16th and also a modulator which randomly changes the filter synced to 16th. That sounded rather clicky. If I sync both to 8th it's all ok. So it depends on speed. But I think just a little smoothing of the hard steps is better than the regular smooth mode, because that makes audible changes during the notes, which I don't want :-)

Max voices release stage - hmm, that doesn't seem to be true, I just checked, a huge release, just one voice, it is clearly killing the previous one...
I checked again. It works when you play slowly. When you play fast, it does not work anymore. Neither does it work when you play chords (all notes at once). At least on my system.
Last edited by CableChannel on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random steps: Well, I'll check :). But in that case Smoothing will be redefined ;). So don't use it :D. Or something... not sure how to do it now :D.

Max voices: Damn it, you are right! :o
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Random steps: Well, I'll check :). But in that case Smoothing will be redefined ;). So don't use it :D. Or something... not sure how to do it now :D.
You could introduce a new slider called "Softness" :D Or "Blur" :D Or "Inertia" :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”