Melda Stealing Keyboard - Setting Request

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Melda plugins dont pass through the keyboard controls when using Adobe Audition. I did create a bug for Audition about this with Adobe but they consider it an issue with Melda, which it technically is. Therefore, can you add a setting in melda plugins to pass through all keyboard controls except when opening a text box... this is how all other plug-ins seem to work. It could be off by default, but allows people like me to work around the issue rather than asking for you to rewrite everything.

I dont have any need for Melda's keyboard shortcuts so it is unnecessarily making my life very difficult when using your plug-ins, Melda's total bundle has replaced almost all my other plugins so i use them every day. For example, pressing play (spacebar) requires me to click away from a Melda plug EVERY time I make a change to a plug in... which i do thousands of times a day!

I can't imagine Audition is the only host to suffer from this problem.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Ok, so here's the thing - the plugins forward all keys they don't use to the host. Sadly some hosts do not process it correctly. Which platform are you using Audition on? And which keys are you talking about? Just spacebar? Could you verify that other keys do work? E.g. some more complex shortcuts that the plugin definitely don't use, but Audition does. If nothing works, then it's a bug in Audition. If it's just the spacebar, then the plugin is probably using it. In that case it could be fixed.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

This is on Windows, I can't speak for Mac. Just checked, it's ALL keyboard keys.

Why would this be an Audition bug when it only happens with Melda plugins and not any others? I'd love to get this fixed, but what can I tell Adobe in order to get this resolved, I believe they closed my last bug about this, so I think i'll need more information for them to believe that it is really a bug in Audition. I suspect they'll just blame melda and close the bug again :(

Thanks Vojtech :)

In FL and S1 Melda plugins steals space bar too, what I have tested.. Asked Vojtech to fix this year or two ago. Answer was pretty much he dont know how to fix it. Just like uhe and crashmaster...

I'm just checking on Windows 8.1:
Cubase: ok
Reaper: ok

Wavelab: not working
FL: not working
Audition: not working

Now you might ask the obvious question - why does it work in Cubase and not in FL? Now that's an interesting question and sadly I don't know the answer :). But the plugins do the same thing in all of them...so... Anyway I'll check it all again, for 100th time...

PS. Note that most plugins don't use keyboard at all...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok so I checked and removed literally all keyboard handling from a plugin - FL still didn't take the keys. The only remaining thing is to mark the plugin unable to get keyboard input, which won't happen of course. And forwarding the messages to random windows :D. Well, I'll check with IL, maybe they know something about it.
Vojtech

Thank you for looking into this!

My pleasure.
So I got reply from IL - "Edit controls taking the focus are a problem in FL, I had to implement special things for our own plugins, so I can’t imagine it working in VST’s.". I'll check what it will do without allowing any kind of keyboard input and focus, but in that case we'd need some kind of global switch. Eventually it's the host's problem, that's just how it is. Some hosts managed to do that, others didn't. Well, world is a complicated place :D.
Vojtech

Ok, so, the next version will have an option to disable keyboard focus to the main plugin editor, seems that it solves the problem, but of course the plugin won't react to any keys in the main editor (not popups) when the focus is disabled.
Vojtech

That is perfect, thanks so much for doing that, it will make a big difference to my daily workflow!

My pleasure ;)
Vojtech

Same problem on Win7/64 using Sonar X3e. Thanks for getting it taken care of- will make life easier for sure.
-Gary

Uploading new update right now ;).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so, the next version will have an option to disable keyboard focus to the main plugin editor
Thank you. This feature has made it less annoying to run Melda plug-ins in Pro Tools / Windows. It actually made me buy two of your plug-ins.
Studio One Professional 5.4.1 • Win 11 • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 • Radeon RX 5700 • MSI B450 Mortar Max • 16 GB RAM • Audient iD22 + iD14

Yeah, it's made my life a lot better too :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”