Mdrummer Feature request

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a very similar request for Mdrummer to my request re Mpowersynth

I LOVE this drum machine - it really suits me and I want to spend a lot more time with it and get deep into its features with my productions … but without global undo features it is far far too easy to lose hours of work in a mouse click or 2.

If it is absolutely impossible to create a global undo (which would be incredible!!) Maybe separate undos for each section? the pattern editor is essential for me - an accidental click or 2 and suddenly the grove I have been working on is unrecognisable. This is compounded by the complexity of the pattern/song system (which is a good thing I'm sure but I am certain that an undo button would make it MUCH easier and safer to navigate)

Thanks

Hi,
There is already a general undo button at the top of each pattern editor generator it's calles "general undo"
Is that what you want?

Hi,
that undo button has always stayed greyed out whether I edit the pattern or not and the help/manual implies it is only for loading/merging or generating a rhythm.

After reading your reply I checked it again and discovered that if I change to another channel and then back again, the undo button comes to life and works on edited notes (I am very happy about that though it is a bit unpredictable). I am not sure whether the undo is supposed to work on the pattern editor but there seems to be a bug either way.
(Mac, Protools 10, OSX 10.7.5)

With this workaround it is still difficult/unpredictable to apply the undo function to note parameter changes as it only recognises note drawing/erasing and parameters are changed according to where they were before the last note draw.

Re global undo, Yesterday I was editing the in song window and the mouse suddenly turned into the hand of death, irreversibly turning anything it clicked to a dead great square. I have no idea what happened but an undo function wold have helped immensely :-)

Slightly different problem but today while checking the rhythm editor, for 5 minutes any notes I added wouldn't make any sound (any that were previously there in the pattern still did & Probability was at 100%) so not sure if there are some bugs in the program

Well, hard to say really. The undo is available in the quick setup, but only applied to loading/merging (though there's a bug in current version if I remember correctly)... Dedicated editing probably won't be implemented, it's way too complicated. I'll check anyway.

About the "no sound" problem - never heard of that, looks like you simply didn't have the used drums loaded. Anyway if it happens again, please check the settings carefully, ideally save it as a project, so can gather some more information.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”