Some ?s on demo of MAutoDynamicEQ ... thanks!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ha, what? :o The 2 buttons setup the equalizer bands to make "blue sound like red", but as you might have noticed, the blue graph doesn't actually change. Anyway the documentation would probably be useful:

http://www.meldaproduction.com/download ... tation.pdf
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I am wondering if we are saying the same thing, I used imprecise language, I apologize.

When I wrote:
... sometimes in editing the blue curve, one decides the red curve needs to be edited as well ...
... I should have said:
sometimes in EQ'ng the signal that generated the blue curve, one decides the signal generating the red curve needs to be edited as well....
Here is how I have used MAutoDynamicEQ (MADEQ) earlier this week after reading the manual (page 28, Automatic Equalizer Panel):

1) Open MADEQ as insert on Lead Vocal - Analyze Source (Red)
2) Drag MADEQ from the Lead Vocal to a Harmony Vocal insert slot - Analyze Target (Blue)
3) Manual adjustment of nodes to EQ the Harmony Vocal/blue signal so it didn't collide with the Lead Vocal at certain frequencies (in this case I found the results more musical by doing it manually, rather than having MADEQ do it automatically via the far right button, "Separate - Blue to not sound like Red", even when bringing the wet/dry down).

Is that the intended method of using this? It worked nicely for me, but maybe there is a better way?

Thanks -

Very well, that seems fine ;). I usually use automatic eq for starters though, lazy guy :D. Try changing smoothness, it affects the auto-eq algorithm.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

OK, last question for a while on this wonderful MAutoDynamicEq:

1) Though I'm sure the answer is in the manual, which I have gone through several times over the last few weeks, I'm not sure how to do this: Can the Blue and Red curves themselves be stored, so as to pull them up later? This functionality is present in SpanEQ (included in Cubase) and is very handy.

What I would like to be able to do:

1) Generate Red/Source = Lead Vocal
2) Generate Blue/Target1 = Harmony 1, store it for recall.
3) Generate Blue/Target2 = Harmony 2, store it for recall.
4) Generate Blue/Target3 = Harmony 3, store it for recall.

Then to be able to *simultaneously* display on the GUI - the Red/Source curve and:
a) Display all 3 of the Blue Target Curves simultaneously.
b) Toggle among any the 3 Blue Target Curves one at a time.

The advantage of this is I can go back and forth among the Targets for EQ'ng without having to Generate new Target Blue Curves every time.

Is this possible presently in MAutoDynamicEQ (if so, could you point me to the right section in the manual please)? If not - possible to consider for the future?

Thanks!

You can store & manipulate red curves, the "sources", many ways because these basically define "how you want something to sound". The blue curves cannot be stored and it's not really planned, because these just defined your current signal analysis. Therefore it just doesn't make sense to have multiple of them. If you need more for any reason (say you are not sure about the analysis, or different parts of the song have different spectra), then I'd suggest just using A-H presets, there's plenty of room there, and since this will let you also have different auto-eq settings, it will be easier to compare "which eq settings are better".
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:You can store & manipulate red curves, the "sources", many ways because these basically define "how you want something to sound". The blue curves cannot be stored and it's not really planned, because these just defined your current signal analysis. Therefore it just doesn't make sense to have multiple of them. If you need more for any reason (say you are not sure about the analysis, or different parts of the song have different spectra), then I'd suggest just using A-H presets, there's plenty of room there, and since this will let you also have different auto-eq settings, it will be easier to compare "which eq settings are better".
Ok, thx. Multiple blue curves - for multiple tracks, not to compare EQs on one track, it's very helpful.

I couldn't figure out how to do that with presets, maybe the other tracks can be stored as red curves ... I'll keep trying. Thx -

Well, for comparing tracks you can either use the Sources, or I'd recommend MMultiAnalyzer ;).

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... tiAnalyzer
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Well, for comparing tracks you can either use the Sources, or I'd recommend MMultiAnalyzer ;).

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... tiAnalyzer
I really thought I was done buying plug-ins for a while, but now after looking at that vid, I am not so sure - drat you, Melda! :wink:

I will have to compare with the free SpanEQ included in Cubase. MMulitAnalyzer does indeed offer exactly what I am looking for - comparing collisions of multiple harmonies simultaneously.

Thanks!

Hehe :love: , yeah, the only real way is to get MTotalBundle :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”