MDrummer Song Tab Bugs

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have verified these multiple times. I have the latest update. These are occurring when I am using multiple rhythms in a single song.

1. The time bar that moves from left to right stops at the channel 1 rhythm. So if I have song that is using 3 rhythm channels the bar stops moving after the first channel.

2. If I drag a part from channel 2 to channel 1, it shortens the song to the length of the previous part.

3. If I enable the "repeat" function, the rhythms keep piling on after I the end of the song, i.e. the last rhythm keeps playing and the first rhythm part piles on on top of it.

Generally i prefer using the song functionality as opposed to MIDI control, and would love to see it improved where its a slightly less cumbersome solution.

You could look at the competition's implementation of song time lines.(cough...ezd2 ..cough)...

The way around these things is to make each rhythm channel the same overall length by using parts that are disabled for empty sections. See the 'type' bar underneath...as well as intro, beat etc you can choose 'Disabled'.

Interesting, I'll check it out! But later probably, way too busy with the major update for everything else right now...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

goldglob wrote:The way around these things is to make each rhythm channel the same overall length by using parts that are disabled for empty sections. See the 'type' bar underneath...as well as intro, beat etc you can choose 'Disabled'.
Thanks for your reply.
I know this already, and the song already had disabled parts in the appropriate places for each channel.

It looks like this , for eg :

Ch 1:[part 01] [disable] [disable]
Ch 2:[disable] [part 02] [disable]
Ch 3:[disable] [disable] [part 03]

The three bugs that I mentioned have nothing to do with this.

MeldaProduction wrote:Interesting, I'll check it out! But later probably, way too busy with the major update for everything else right now...
Thanks.....Look forward to it. I was doing part 2 of my review for Mdrummer 5 when this came to the light.

Muslimpunk, upon closer scrutiny I see what you mean. Playing around with the enable, start, play and repeat buttons, there seems to be only certain permutations of the order in which they are pressed that give the results you would expect.
For instance, if I set up the three rhythms as you exampled above, press start..seems ok.
But then if I press play (to stop), then press start it freaks out.
The only way to get it back in sync again is to disable repeat, hit play and let it run to the end, then start again.
Another thing that has always puzzled me is that if I have song enabled, then disable it (by pressing the highlighted enable button), the rhythm(s) keep playing over on the rhythm edit tab, and further, by then hitting play (on the song tab), those rhythms in rhythm editor are stopped, rather than the usual behaviour of enabling and playing the song.
Vojtech, forget about the subscription thing :arrow: finish the major update :clap: have a rest :party: then perhaps have a look into these strange MD things :wink:

Thank you for confirming that goldglob !
I thought i was going crazy and that there was something wrong with my set up :) .

Btw, what you described can be considered a 4 rth bug. So for melda :

4. The rhythm in the song tab keeps on running even after stopping the song.

Och... :D Guys you are killing me :D
One thing - muslimpunk - could you send me a few projects in your host, so that I can check easily? Just so that when I run it, it won't work "the correct way". Ideally using VST interface, any host really, but Reaper or Cubase ideally :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

This is happening with Mdrummer in a vst host and a standalone.

You dont need a specific project to see it happening.

Just put three random channel rhythm parts ( as shown above ) in song tab and check.

All four errors mentioned above should be completely reproducible.

Still waiting on this ....

At least a confirmation from Melda's end that all 4 errors are reproducible on their side would be a start :)

Sorry, but it will have to wait, right now everything is on the major update for everything except for MDrummer. It will probably be the biggest update in the history so... :D
Vojtech

Good luck with the update :D

Thanks! Will be needed, it's a huuuuuuge one...
Vojtech

muslimpunk wrote:I have verified these multiple times. I have the latest update. These are occurring when I am using multiple rhythms in a single song.

1. The time bar that moves from left to right stops at the channel 1 rhythm. So if I have song that is using 3 rhythm channels the bar stops moving after the first channel.

2. If I drag a part from channel 2 to channel 1, it shortens the song to the length of the previous part.

3. If I enable the "repeat" function, the rhythms keep piling on after I the end of the song, i.e. the last rhythm keeps playing and the first rhythm part piles on on top of it.

4. The rhythm in the song tab keeps on running even after stopping the song (maybe related to three).

Generally i prefer using the song functionality as opposed to MIDI control, and would love to see it improved where its a slightly less cumbersome solution.

You could look at the competition's implementation of song time lines.(cough...ezd2 ..cough)...
Just a gentle reminder so these dont slip your mind Vojtech....Hopefully whenever the next Mdrummer update comes around. :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”