How about yearly subscription pricing for MTotalBundle?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Locked New Topic

What do you think?

I think it's a nonsense
51%
I don't mind, but I'd use the traditional licences with free-for-life updates
38%
I like the idea, 199 EUR/year sounds fair
No votes
I like the idea, 149 EUR/year sounds fair
1%
I like the idea, 99 EUR/year sounds fair
10%

Total votes: 162

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

so this is a poll to get us some feedback from you about this idea. It actually came from a few customers of ours, which couldn't afford MTotalBundle directly. So this would be a chance for everyone to use all our plugins without paying the full price. There would be following "things":

- For MTotalBundle only, maybe some kind of "everything" bundle.
- Licence to a single computer with once a week online check, or licence to "use it on a single computer at one moment" with online check on every startup. In both cases internet connection would be necessary.
- Yearly subscription.

No idea about the details, but right now it's the ideal moment to think about it, since we are going to release the 9.00 major update soon. What do you think?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

If its optional, ok, although it'd be still highly unfair, because after several years, you'd have to pay more than with the traditional model.

However, if it would replace the traditional model, then a HUGE NO from me.

No no, it would be optional. And yes, after years you'd pay much more, it would be everyone's option if they want to just "try for a year", or just "pay every year", or just buy the normal licence.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

What if after x years, one really likes it and you want a permanent license? Then, you'll be punished financially for trying.

True, that's everyone's choice. There's no ultimately fair model. It's like renting it for some time.
Vojtech

To me, it would only make sense economically, if there would be a fair transition from temporary to permanent. Otherwise, my guess is that you'd rather lose customers on the long run (e.g. all those who no longer want to or can afford the yearly payments).

The problem seems to me that subscription and "free for lifetime" does not fit together. But, please don't change the lifetime option.

Personally I will always avoid a subscription modell. If a subscription would be the only option I would consider another vendor.

pschoenb wrote:The problem seems to me that subscription and "free for lifetime" does not fit together. But, please don't change the lifetime option.
You may be right, good feedback! And don'g worry, free-for-life updates are not going to change ;).
Vojtech

Seems that for now most people are agains, I'm glad I asked first :).
Vojtech

Especially in economically unsure times, people don't like too much stuff where they have to pay on a regular basis in order not to lose it.

And those who are intrigued by the lower price are often those who basically cannot afford it.

Or even more clear: If you cannot afford the permanent license, you even more cannot afford the temporary license, because in the beginning you pay less, but effectively you pay more. :)

If you are prepared for the book keeping, then say: "After x years or when paying the remaining difference (maybe even with a discount), it's yours". Then, things might be different.

It is a very interesting idea, and I am glad you suggested it. But as many others have said, I fear in the long run it would not be a viable business model for both the users and the manufacturers.

Thank you for bringing the concept to discussion. It is always interesting to hear the various viewpoints of others.

Best to All,
Shannon McDowell

Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Return to “MeldaProduction”