MPowersynth with audio like Alchemy?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:) :tu:

Looking forward to MMMM! (Melda Mega Modular Monster :D)

:party:

I am an Alchemy and Serum owner also and would like to see some of the features these VSTs have. However this developer has already expressed on another thread that Serum is a bore and old technology. I can't see how he wouldn't think Alchemy isn't also. Some developers don't seem to realize that ease of programmability and the sound are more important than some overall view of the technology. In theory new VSTs should produce the sound old VSTs make plus do something new. You can also evaluate a VST on the presets that are being sold by vendors. Where are the presets for MPowersynth? I see quite a few for Serum and Alchemy. Anyway I like MPowersynth and hope improvements will come that make it easier to understand/program and produce a wider range of quality sounds.

You have a point there oravendi.
While MPowerSynth is my absolute favourite synth because of all the techy stuff and that there's so few limits on what you can do, unless you're really knowledgeable, it is hard to figure it out.
I wouldn't mind at all if mr Melda made a cut down version using the awesome sound quality but where everything is in the sweetspot range. The amount of waveshaping and filters are a dream come true for those who like to experiment. But they all don't sound good immediately and not in every combination of the oscillators. You can really mess things up fast unless careful! It's good if you want to keep your brain active, not so good if you want a sound that "just works". The effects block is insanely insane in MPowerSynth. You can use a single sine wave and just use effects to transform it to whatever! Maybe not the best for the beginner even though there's a lot of presets. A beginner would probably prefer a few knobs saying "Delay", "Reverb" and "Chorus".
If Melda (sorry, don't know first name.. :)) could use their tech and basically make a new, but limited, interface, they wouldn't be far off a Sylenth. That would probably reach out to the masses much more and if it could still load complex MPowerSynth presets, designers could still sell their's.
Lastly, new presets are available through the online sharing feature! Use it!
:hug:

But that's why there is 1500+ presets with at least 4 multiparameters defined ;). You know, with power comes responsibility :). Anyways I actually think the whole thing is quite simple, because the concept is the same allover the thing, so once you learn the principles, you know every piece of it ;).

EDIT: Did you notice how 50% want more features and other 50% want less features? :D Yeah, nothing is perfect :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

''Serum is a bore and old technology.I can't see how he wouldn't think Alchemy isn't also'' --- ?

Im talking essentially about specific features, not about 'emulating' a complete synth

-audio integration with different resynth analysis
-modular matrix with *great* FX

I'm not talking about re-making an old dinosaur if its what you meant!

============================================================

'Crakbaby', I think most Melda users accept to deal with/enter that kind of flexibility/complexity, maybe because they have strong interest in musical/audio theory and want to get past that 'one-knob-does-it-all' paradigm. Im not saying its a worse approach, but I'm quite happy to have multiband phaser, dynamics, etc.. :: Sure, the learning curve is huge; but as an 'explorer of sound possibilities' I dont feel like I'm wasting my time. If you want straightfoward stuff or less tweakable, well look at 99% of the other side of the market.

Some would put guitar-rig and turn one knob on a phaser stomp pedal and wash all spectrum, other (people or situation) prefer to get that 'eureka!' moment when they set precisely that grain of salt bringing upfront their personnality, identity. ''Easy'' version of Melda vst could I guess 'reach out for masses' which would be great to, but if all energy is put in that area how can we get such amazing plugs like MXXX, (upc. MYYY), MCompare (which I was waiting for yyyyyyyyyyyyeeearrss), etc..

Guess they could employ someone to make the 'easy-Melda' version

Crackbaby wrote:But they all don't sound good immediately and not in every combination of the oscillators. You can really mess things up fast unless careful!
There are some nifty features of MPS that'll help you and any other sound designer/tweaker:

a) Make use of the A-H slots. Way more elegant than hitting "undo" all day.
b) Store presets for anything: FX combos, filters, envelopes, OSCs, even modulator settings(*)... Thus you'll be able to work with building blocks rather than creating everything from scratch again and again.

(*) very useful for common modulations like slightly moving OSC detune on pads etc.

elassi wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:But they all don't sound good immediately and not in every combination of the oscillators. You can really mess things up fast unless careful!
There are some nifty features of MPS that'll help you and any other sound designer/tweaker:

a) Make use of the A-H slots. Way more elegant than hitting "undo" all day.
b) Store presets for anything: FX combos, filters, envelopes, OSCs, even modulator settings(*)... Thus you'll be able to work with building blocks rather than creating everything from scratch again and again.

(*) very useful for common modulations like slightly moving OSC detune on pads etc.
I haven't even used the A-H slots yet! Thanks for that tip :) The building blocks i try to save as often as i can remember to :D

Just so you guys know, i much prefer MXXX and MYYY but the plugin market is harsh and i just want to see Melda to stay in business for a long long time without the devs having their ribs poking out of their chests .. so to speak.. :)
I totally agree on that MPowerSynth, once you figure out how the UI works, is EXTREMELY easy to use! The workflow really resonates with my brain :)

:tu:

Thank you folks! :love:

astramistil: And I'll definitely check these features before starting to design the details about MYYY ;).

And folks don't worry, even the complexity is actually part of a bigger plan :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Im always 50% in hardware territory. A bad habit as keeping both alternatives up costs twice as much or more! :D
This morning i've been watching a couple of electribe 2 videos and unless my visa had locked itself in a bunker i'd already have ordered it :D This bunker of financial awareness is good as it makes you think through what you already got and what you can do with what you have.
Im not sure if this introductory text makes any sense but maybe it helps to get the right mindset.
One of the electribe's strengths and weaknesses is the one knob modulation. It's VERY easy to dial in sounds but it also gives you VERY little control.
On a hardware synth it seems ok though to give up the control. Im not sure why. I have Maschine with Massive. It's not a synth i like much, probably due to some anti-following-the-masses logic i have in my head, but it is similar with an optional limitation just using macro knobs. MPS also has macro knobs (though called multiparameters) but what Massive has is the integration with Maschine giving it an almost hardware feel. The macros are inconsistent though. Every patch has different macro functions. More control but less of the VERY easy that electribe 2 provides.
Im NOT promoting Massive or Maschine here. Im not particularly fond of either one!

Considering the discussion above about a simple to use synth powered by MPS, would a cut down synth with a simple osc + filter + osc mod + amp + fx make sense?
MPS is so clever with it's presets for just about every part of it. With this in mind all the hard work is already done*. What would be needed is defined multiparameters for Osc, Filter, FX etc and a preset browser for each part. All on a one page UI.

*Im NOT a programmer! Im blessed with not having a clue on how much work it would be :D Though i remember it would be hard to implement midi control on the randomize buttons and i think a cut down version would really benefit from midi control over all these mentioned parameters. Especially with that new microsoft mini computer lurking in the future. Considering how efficient MPS is, i think it could do well in a hardware box :)

This was just early sunday morning thinking-out-loud .. :) Now for some MPS programming ^_^ <3

Hehe well, thank you! Still I don't get much why would we "simply MPS", it wouldn't be mPOWERsynth anymore :D. What would the advantages be except having it all on one GUI?
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Hehe well, thank you! Still I don't get much why would we "simply MPS", it wouldn't be mPOWERsynth anymore :D. What would the advantages be except having it all on one GUI?
It could reach out to more people :)
Ok, thing is, there was a post if you scroll up with a kind of hostile tone
Some developers don't seem to realize that ease of programmability and the sound are more important than some overall view of the technology. In theory new VSTs should produce the sound old VSTs make plus do something new. You can also evaluate a VST on the presets that are being sold by vendors. Where are the presets for MPowersynth? I see quite a few for Serum and Alchemy.
Things like this gets me going. But instead of turning in to a troll i tried going the constructive route. Im kind of sensitive to things like this.. :lol: I've learned the hard way to not react emotionally but instead with logic. This time i probably spun away a bit too far and landed in ... hardware?! lol :)

Right, back to modulator thoughts of MYYY

Return to “MeldaProduction”