MXXX Improvements & Feature Requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I call him a magician from now on. :P
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok so MXXX WILL have a full automatic latency compensation.
Brilliant! :tu:

The How To says we should include Dry/Wet as first MultiParameter always, but MXXX has its own global dry wet. So is that instruction outdated, or is there a reason to still have a Dry/Wet control as first Multiparam?

ZentralmassivSound wrote:The How To says we should include Dry/Wet as first MultiParameter always, but MXXX has its own global dry wet. So is that instruction outdated, or is there a reason to still have a Dry/Wet control as first Multiparam?
It may NOT work. First problem is the latency compensation, which should be implemented ;). But then you have other plugins, which for example change phase - equalizers for instance. if you just insert Equalizer, it's dry/wet will work well, but the global dry/wet will NOT, because the phase shift cause by the filters will cause cancellations...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

OK, I see

You seriously must be the best VST coder alive today.

How is zero delay feedback even possible?

I do have a tiny feature request, although it might be possible and I'm just not seeing it. But in the "Mixer" module/object, is there a way to switch inputs around; useful for the different "modes".

Oh, and can we get a glimpse into what are the biggest things you're thinking of working on, or is MXXX pretty much there in your mind?

Thank you Mr. Melda!

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok so MXXX WILL have a full automatic latency compensation.
That's great. I think this will really open up more possibilities with things like the spectral dynamics FX. Great job as always.

Hey guys, as a guideline, if in one category you don't have any specific attribute, e.g. your effect works regardles of that category, do you then select all attributes or none? Whats best practise here?

Cheers, Thorsten

ZentralmassivSound wrote:Hey guys, as a guideline, if in one category you don't have any specific attribute, e.g. your effect works regardles of that category, do you then select all attributes or none? Whats best practise here?

Cheers, Thorsten
I asked this before. The answer will normally be "select all". This is especially true (IMO) for the instrument categories. If you have some kind of delay preset, for example, it's probably fair game for everything, or at least everything except full mix.

ZentralmassivSound wrote:Hey guys, as a guideline, if in one category you don't have any specific attribute, e.g. your effect works regardles of that category, do you then select all attributes or none? Whats best practise here?

Cheers, Thorsten
I asked this before. The answer will normally be "select all". This is especially true (IMO) for the instrument categories. If you have some kind of delay preset, for example, it's probably fair game for everything, or at least everything except full mix.

Thank you folks! Now...

zero delay feedback: It is impossible and it is causally illogical ;). It would generate infinity for anything different than 0% ;).

switch inputs around: What do you mean by that??

categories: It is all described here:
http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... resets.php

You need to think of it backwards - when will anyone enable a certain flag when searching for presets? If he is short on CPU, he'll enable "low CPU". If he work realtime, he'll enable "no latency". If he wants something specifically designed for drums, he'll enable "Drums". If he wants something creative, he'll enable "Creative" etc...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Okay about the categories, that's what I figured.

The story about zero delay feedback filters is interesting. I guess there must be a terminology misunderstanding or misuse on some part, every other company does marketing blurb about these filters, so there got to be something about it

About which filters? Zero delay filters? :D That's a causal nonsense :D... Think of it - in analog you can create a feedback path that is in a way zero latency (no capacitors or anything is used), but it still take the electrons some time to get there. If you would be able to create an infinitely small feedback circuit, you'd probably be able to create a vortex to another dimension :D.

Anyway classic eq IIR filters consist of 1 sample delay feedback paths.

For those of you interested in some math :D. Let's take a simplified discrete feedback loop of length k samples:

y = f(y[i-k])

For zero k it becomes

y = f(y)

Therefore y = f(f(...(y)..)) leading to infinite recursion.
If f(x) = x, then y = y and there is no feedback at all.
If f(x) != x, then y = 0, infinity, -infinity, or entirely random value.

=> From mathematical perspective the whole thing is a nonsense :D (from physical see above :D )

And the little mathematical window has closed... :D
Vojtech

Haha, I like the lighthearted approach to debunking myths... Thanks for that btw.

What I meant was, say I RM Input1 to Input2 using a "Mixer". Is there any way to quickly flip the inputs?

If that makes any sense :S

Return to “MeldaProduction”