FR: Collapsed / Expandable Parameter lists

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Presets Manager now has the very handy [Auto-Open] and [Open All] buttons, to expand the preset tree.
The Auto-open switch makes the tree automatically open selected items, so that all subfolders are visible, whenever you select one. This makes it easier to browse through structures containing many folders. The switch also makes the browser show all presets available in selected folder including all subfolders (except when you select the root folder).

The Open all button expands the whole tree, so you can see all of the folders. This may be handy when editing large preset structures.

It would be great if the same features were available in the Parameter Lists (in Parameter Modulation). Much less scrolling would be needed and it would be easier to find the parameter you want. For example, here is the list of parameter groups for MMultibandPhaser (as seen at present) and the suggested collapsed version with the 2 new buttons:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/RZFg3JR.png

It would be extremely valuable in MXXX where where have gazillions of parameters: 16 groups of LFO parameters, 16 groups of Multiparameter parameters then the bands with their FX. It would better if the LFO groups were in a new group ("16 LFOs") and the Multiparameter groups in another ("16 MultiParameters"). And possibly, those new groups placed after the Band 'branches'. As in the 2 mock-ups on the right-hand side:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/PAxL7iQ.png
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

+1 on this! Yeah, it's bugged me too as there are so many parameters in MXXX.

It quite makes sense... I'd probably won't make it switchable, but just make it behave it that way...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Not sure what you meant by 'switchable', but behaving like the Presets Manager Browser tree would be fine, I think.
;)
Inspired by ...

I meant a button to enable/disable it... With these it is usually a start of a big journey consisting of saving state and stuff like that and I really want to avoid that :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Understood - I'm sure that you'll do your best.
Inspired by ...

Hehe I hope so :D
Vojtech

DarkStar wrote:It would be great if the same features were available in the Parameter Lists (in Parameter Modulation). Much less scrolling would be needed and it would be easier to find the parameter you want. For example, here is the list of parameter groups for MMultibandPhaser (as seen at present) and the suggested collapsed version with the 2 new buttons:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/RZFg3JR.png
Done in v9.07 :)
DarkStar wrote:It would be extremely valuable in MXXX where where have gazillions of parameters: 16 groups of LFO parameters, 16 groups of Multiparameter parameters then the bands with their FX. It would better if the LFO groups were in a new group ("16 LFOs") and the Multiparameter groups in another ("16 MultiParameters"). And possibly, those new groups placed after the Band 'branches'. As in the 2 mock-ups on the right-hand side:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/PAxL7iQ.png
... Any news? ("On the 'to do' list" will be fine.)
Inspired by ...

Actually I don't agree with this last one! It would make you click more. If the parameter window is long enough, you can see all of them. And the "repeating pattern" actually makes things visually simpler, at least for me :D
Vojtech

My thinking was that the user was more likely to want to select a parameter for one of the added modules (e.g. Chorus or Flanger) rather than an LFO or Multiparameter. With my idea, less mouse movement and screen space would be needed. As you mentioned the parameter window has to be 'long enough' to see them all (the alternative is extra mouse movement and scrolling)

But, if the user did want to get to an LFO or Multiparameter parameter then only 1 more click would be needed (to expand that branch of the tree).
Inspired by ...

I understand. Hard to say if you are right or not. Anyway considering it is technically quite complicated (long story), I'm probably going to deny it, sorry. For the record, it's easier to use the Learn anyway.
Vojtech

.. I'd forgotten about the "Learn" function before, when discussing a related topic too. I must have a blind spot.
:)
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”