New Morph plugin

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I read you were doing a 'morph' plugin:
1- In what way will it be similar-different from Morph2 from Zynaptiq (which is quite amazing, but pricey)
2- Can we have more thant 2 sources?
3-** will it be multiband? Because with Morph2, its easy to lose balance in low, mid-low
4- will it have many 'synthesis mode' as with Morph2? (which affect sound alot)
5- would be quite amazing in MXXX

Hehe, the development hasn't even started yet!! :D I'm just looking forward to it for now :D. And of course have a few plans... ;) Anyway I'll keep the comments in mind, though I don't promise anything. (More than 2 sources are out of questions as most hosts cannot process multiin plugins)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi, first and foremost a very big Thank you, Vojtec, for making the most efficient
and flexible sound manipulation system, I have ever seen and used.
And I use it most of the time in our Postproduction for the big screen.

There is not much more left to wish for.

Only two things do exsist, that I'm really missing in the bundle...

>> One would be a sound fattener, like it was introduced in Omnisphere 2,
where there is a layering of the same sound with different special procedures, like in
old vintage hardware synths, to make the sound ultra fat and wide like a wall, as Omnisphere now does.

Like in this Example here: the pertaining section is going from min. 3:51 to min. 4:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbpqdaLO-WI

>> And... as mentioned before by astramistil... the second, which would make doctoring new sounds for Movies a real breeze :D , would bea morph effect, like zynaptec has recently brought it to the table in a restricted way (just two or three
sounds). Although I found the resolution of the Plugin breaks down a bit too fast when pushed a little,
resulting in ugly audible resolution artefcts. (The single bands were
distinguishable - resolution of the bands was not high enough).

The plugin enables one to use a violin and make it sound like a flute, with all the characteristics
of the manually played violin. Or to make someone talk and sound like a monster,
one can simply underlay it with the voice of a growling lion. The amount is morphable.

In other words one sound modulates the other, like our mouth modulates our voice.

Like in this Example here: the explaining section is going from min. 0:43 to ...end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeU8Rrd1Pto

I would really like it, to have one modulator source (a track in an DAW),
that can modulate the sounds of up to 4 input voices, that can be or should be
4 different wave files, which can be loaded into the plugin for being
used as the carrier to be modulated. Played continuous/forward-backward/reverse and maybe speed changable.
An also an mixer, that can blend in the input voices individually.

That way I could mix a female old woman's voice (straight tone - no talking, just the voice)
and add a male, a child and a lion, to make a demon talking....for example. Or to make a falling pebble
sound like a needle falling - intermixed by a bell sound....who knows :)

I havn't been that deep into the production bundle so far, ...are these things perhaps already possible with your plugins?
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

The closest currently available melda effect is their vocoder, which is very flexible and has 100 bands. But I generally don't find it too useful for sound effects. My current project sees me making a LOT of monster sound design and I tend to steer clear of vocoders and cross synthesis as it sounds super processed and artificial. But I'm hoping melda can make something flexible enough to work better if they choose to tackle this head on.

Sorry for offtopic, but I already made some very cool monster-effects in / with MXXX for voice manipulation (screaming with the MXXX processing give cool results). ;)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Cool :) Yeah, I've been trying to use MXXX for monster stuff too, it's super helpful. I'd be curious to know what you got to sound good. I'm tending to use a lot of freq shifting, pitching and tremolo with following modulators, can get some really organic dynamic stuff by doing that.

On the subject of monster noises... a lot of people are using dehumaniser http://dehumaniser.com/ but I really dislike it, again because it sounds super effected, mushy and overly processed. It doesn't sound to me like a unified voice, but a mash of lots of different noises all clumsily thrown together. But I do like the technology inside though.

vectorwarrior wrote:I'd be curious to know what you got to sound good. I'm tending to use a lot of freq shifting, pitching and tremolo with following modulators, can get some really organic dynamic stuff by doing that.
Definitely MGranulizer: I LOVE it so much. I own already the MMultiBandGranulizer, but inside MXXX you can do even more with it, I think. I love the technique to split the frequencies and apply different depth of pitch shifting with the MGranulizer. I called it "saving frequencies", since you can get really low and deep sounds, while still having the high character which is important to the sound, in my opinion.

vectorwarrior wrote: On the subject of monster noises... a lot of people are using dehumaniser http://dehumaniser.com/ but I really dislike it, again because it sounds super effected, mushy and overly processed. It doesn't sound to me like a unified voice, but a mash of lots of different noises all clumsily thrown together. But I do like the technology inside though.
Haha, I did not even now this thing exists. I watched the videos and listened to the demo and first thing that came to my head: amateurs. :P But seriously: maybe just their audio demos are not that good. In the end I find it not good to "only pitch the voice down". A rich sound should have not only deep "monstrous" frequencies, but also high ones to add important character.

Back to topic:
I am still curious what Melda will come up with some day regarding such a tool / module! :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Thank you folks! And thanks for the ideas, all read, and I'll try to remember stuff, but eventually you know me, I'll do it my way :D. And when it is there, we can start from there ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:but eventually you know me, I'll do it my way :D. And when it is there, we can start from there ;).
Totally cool for me, hehe.

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”