MPower osc's

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I was just thinking that is there a reason why only osc 1 has unison? It'd be super if all 3 could have that :)

Then I thought that would it be a big operation to add sub oscillators to those 3 basic oscs? Kinda same way that predator has.

Awesome synth <3

Yes only OSC1 has Unison. If you use all the OSC designing features you have available you can create any waveform you like, so if you want an octave, a fifth, or a mixture of rectangle and saw, you name it, you can do that all in one OSC.

I also asked for unison on all OSCs back some time but I think it was dismissed due to CPU load considerations.

Today (with the release of 9.08) you can just add another instance of MPS in the FX matrix to serve as an additional unison OSC if you want.

It's because of CPU considerations and because unison makes the combinations modes such frequency modulation quite useless.

Anyway you can use another instance of MPowerSynth in MPowerSynth now :D. And that way you can have any number of oscillators with anything ;). As long as your CPU survives :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:It's because of CPU considerations and because unison makes the combinations modes such frequency modulation quite useless.

Anyway you can use another instance of MPowerSynth in MPowerSynth now :D. And that way you can have any number of oscillators with anything ;). As long as your CPU survives :D.
Well.. I see unison as an option and if it feels disturbing that it messes fm etc, you can always make it possible that only mix -option is available when using unison ;)

Anyways, that mpower in your mpower to bring more mpower is freaking awesome idea :D I'll spend this whole evening messing with it ^^

I now tested. I can run mps, with 2 extra mps, all have delay, reverb, unison with 7 voices, osc2 on, global quality on extreme, filter quality on high (same preset for all mpsynths.. And when I hit a 10 note sustained chord, my cpu peaks at 42% (basic melodies and chords at the same time and cpu peaks around 6-15%).

And I'm having an ancient core2 duo with 4gb of ram (x64win10)!

Of course I didn't have any modulations but I was testing the unison. Gotta say that MPS is way more easier for my cpu than sches diversion for example :D

If I turn on unison on normal quality and some filtering with delay and reverb, my cpu hit is around 1-2% so I'm truly sorry but it's quite hard for me to believe that 3 unison oscillators would kill my cpu :)

I made one "slightly" modulated bass patch today.. One note on and cpu jumped to 92% :D Didn't use unison though..

Lejurai wrote:And when II made one "slightly" modulated bass patch today.. One note on and cpu jumped to 92% :D Didn't use unison though..
That's also my experience, the Unison feature is incredibly CPU friendly, you practically don't notice it at all on the CPU.

BTW as to modulation, CPU load heavily depends on what modulation resolution you configured in the MPS settings.

Yeah, well, I spent a LOT of time optimizing the generators :D. But still, since you can run multiple instances of MPowerSynth in MPowerSynth (hmmm, that indeed sounds odd :D ), you can simulate it easily ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

ZentralmassivSound wrote:
Checked your soundcloud.. Great stuff there :tu: Wish I could get the same out from mps by myself :D
Last edited by Lejurai on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeldaProduction wrote:Yeah, well, I spent a LOT of time optimizing the generators :D. But still, since you can run multiple instances of MPowerSynth in MPowerSynth (hmmm, that indeed sounds odd :D ), you can simulate it easily ;).
Yes.. It still not the same :P Anyways, if you're not willing to implement unison to osc 2 and 3, then I'll just have to accept it and live with that and use the fx grid :) Or some other synth. It's just that I kinda fell in love with mps so hard that I don't want to use other synths at least for now :D

Okay maybe I can do unison stuff with hive and everything else with mps ^^

Lejurai wrote:
ZentralmassivSound wrote:
Checked your soundcloud.. Great stuff there :tu: Wish I could get the same out from mps by myself :D
Thanks! :love:
Lejurai wrote:Yes.. It still not the same :P Anyways, if you're not willing to implement unison to osc 2 and 3, then I'll just have to accept it and live with that and use the fx grid :) Or some other synth. It's just that I kinda fell in love with mps so hard that I don't want to use other synths at least for now :D
Actually there is no disadvantage to using the second MPS in the FX matrix. Use the main OSC1 with Unison, configure the main filters. In the FX matrix, first add another MPS instance, configure OSC1 with Unison and configure the filters. Mix both with the mixer module, and apply your regular FX after that. It's actually not complicated.

You however have separate filters per oscillator in this setup, which might sound different in some cases. That's the only drawback, though I think it won't cause much trouble in real life.

Exactly! It only opens hundreds of creative doors! :D
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Exactly! It only opens hundreds of creative doors! :D
But with 3 unison oscillators it would be even MORE creative :hyper:
Besides.. I think that for a wizard like yourself, it wouldn't even be an enormous task to add unison with automatic mix -selection to tab where mix, FM, ring mod, frequency shift, max, conv and sync is located ;)

Hehe, but this is called "unnecessary feature duplication" ;). Besides, it would then say "yeah, and we could add this and that as well, it can be done easily otherwise, but since you added the unison..." ;).
Vojtech

Okay okay :D

Well I actually just tried three unison oscillators. The problem with this is that you have to duplicate the filters for each unsion OSC you want to have. THAT is much more expensive than the unison itself.

So, after studying this, I still (or back again) vote for Unison on all three OSC please :-) :-) :-)

It sounds reeeeeeeeeally fat, that's for sure! :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”