All Presets Installed with 9.10

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just upgraded MReverb to version 9.10 and noticed while the installer was working that even though I only selected MReverb from the list that it was installing presets for all the Melda products....in two locations (Win7 64 bit). I don't think it was anything I did wrong as the installer did just install the MReverb 9.10 plugin. Perhaps this is a bug ? No need to install presets for plugins we don't own. Here is a partial list of the files that I sent to the recycle bin after doing a clean up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hi Teksonik, the installer now always installs all presets for all plugins, security measure for cases when someone doesn't update something, multiple users on a single computer etc. Small irrelevant files if you don't need them. Like the thousands you already have there you don't need :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Like the thousands you already have there you don't need :D.
I keep my studio computer very clean. The point is no one wants more files they don't need. I don't mind the "All in One" installer for all your plugins as it's a simple thing just to select the one or more out of the many you do want installed but we shouldn't have to spend time cleaning up a mess of presets...in two locations...for plugins we don't own. Like I said that's only a partial list of the files I had to clean up....they wouldn't all fit on one screen. I'd ask that only presets for the plugins we choose to install are included in the install process. Imagine if every developer included every preset for every one of their plugins with every install. :wink:

Oh and I think I saw that there were something like 1300 files installed..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry Teksonik, there has been a discussion about it some time ago and, it's a no, sorry. After all this is not a folder for you...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

How is it not a folder for him? It's installed on his computer isn't it?
It's not just presets. Everything is installed for all plugins every time.
Even when you deselect all plugins except one you will get all data for all plugins. Only the .dll files are not placed.

I also keep my computers clean (Yes, it was me started the discussion last time) and I find this a very stubborn standpoint.
You already have the selection possible in the installer. Link that to all the files relevant and not just the .dll and its all good.

Users were repeatedly complaining about the same things and nothing changes. That's the philosophy. I'm afraid you have to live with it or change the developer :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Sorry Teksonik, there has been a discussion about it some time ago and, it's a no, sorry. After all this is not a folder for you...
Excuse me ? How is a folder on MY computer not mine ? It makes me wonder what other liberties you are taking with my system with that arrogant attitude.

All I have of yours is a simple Reverb plugin yet it's installation spews hundreds and hundreds of files all over my computer. No other Reverb I own does this. If you feel the need to pollute people's systems out of laziness or sloppy programming then I can guarantee MReverb will be the only plugin of yours I will ever own.........

frizzbee wrote: I'm afraid you have to live with it or change the developer :D
Well then I'll be changing developers. Any developer who doesn't respond to the wishes of his current and future customers doesn't deserve our business. Add to that a rude and arrogant attitude and you can count on MReverb will be my last purchase.

In fact what are the license transfer procedures ? I have a sudden urge to disinfect my studio computer of the Melda Virus...........

EDIT: Ok I've uninstalled MReverb and all the useless files from my Studio System and am doing a full system deep virus scan. I can not chance that system being compromised.

A bit of an over reaction!
A few files that take up hardly any room at all, could just be left alone. Melda plugins don't have viruses, that's just silly.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Teksonik wrote:Any developer who doesn't respond to the wishes of his current and future customers doesn't deserve our business.
Well, Melda is actually the best and fastest reacting company I know of. They listen to their customers and realize say 75% of the wishes and requests. Of course not ALL because they get bombarded (by me included :D), and it's always a matter of return on investment.
jmg8 wrote:A few files that take up hardly any room at all, could just be left alone. Melda plugins don't have viruses, that's just silly.
This. No need to turn your harddrive upside down because of some settings files which surely are no viruses.

...if useless crap on his hd is a problem hope he's not using windos or osx...35yrs of software db.dev.work tells me melda is the least of his troubles :scared: ...i get the feeling that something was lost in translation..."this is not a folder for you" i took as meaning that it was more of a "system" folder than one intended for the "user"...just my take...and i'm sorry for all the bad feelings really... :neutral: .../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Well I surely understand Teksoniks point, and it sure would be a cleaner way to only install the necessary files. But I think Meldas to do list is already really long and this issue is not really causing any severe trouble, so it's going to be low prio on the list. One should just recognize that in general Melda listens very well to customers and not be too angry for a request being turned down.

...ya, what he said...i'll take new features/functionality over some left over shavings and construction dust any day...like i mentioned, i spent a long time in the software.dev.war.zone...and it's messy out there, real messy, no matter how careful you try to be...i do get his point, but it's not worth the dustup over it...JMHO.../s~

Exactly... The development time is the most expensive resource out there, so when the deal is to choose between new features users actually want and will use, and not installing files, which are not currently used (and are in locations the users are not supposed to explore, that's what I meant), the choice is obvious. And I spent countless hours on support explaining people who did something wrong why they don't have their presets, so ... from V9 we just take the "safe way", even if it means installing some unused files.
Vojtech

....ahhhh, sooooo...i got lost...what key were we in?... :phones: .../s~

Return to “MeldaProduction”