FR: more flexible "custom envelopes"

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there again,

another question came into my head: When you try to make a quite complex envelope, you can choose "custom shape" in the envelope. Then you can can have a custom attack with up to 10 sec and a release with up to 10 sec. If you want a special sustained envelope, you can edit the tremolo OSC with an individual shape as well. Okay! Now I have some questions / FRs:

1. Since the "special sustain via custom OSC shape in tremolo" is quite difficult and not very intuitiv, how about at least a new "Sustain" custom shape between the already existing "Attack" and "Release" option?

2. This is not that important to me, I have to admit, but still: why are the lengths of the shapes are limited to 10 secs? Of course: you can have 20 secs with a custom shape (10 sec att + 10 sec rel) ... but what if you want to go full crazy and make something like a 60 secs envelope in total?

3. Why not making the "custom shape" envelope much more intuitiv with an ongoing graph editor like in Sytrus for example (I added the envelope stages with a graphic editor afterwards. Loop stands for "Sustain" and just shows something you probably could achieve with the tremolo inside the actual Melda custom shape enevelope editor):
sytrus.jpg
... or maybe like in Absynth, where you also have the possibility (through such a complex envelope) to create even rhythms with it:
absynth.jpg

... of course such situations are probably quite rare, I guess. I still wanted to post this ideas / questions / thoughts! :roll:

Best,
Manu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Hi Manu,

well, I'm afraid it is the way it is. I agree that it could probably be better using the single envelope editor, but still it's not that simple as the whole thing can vary in length, be interrupted at any moment etc., and mainly it's quite too late for that I'm afraid...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hm. And what about the idea to implement a custom sustain envelope between attack and release?

Again: were just some ideas. Luckily at least there is still the possibility to have custom envelopes after all. ;)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Well, I'm afraid none of this is feasible... will think about it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Okay, Vojtech. Look on more important things first. We'll see what the future brings. ;)

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”