Auto close active presets tree in MXXX

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When saving for exemple a simple limiter or compressor with all buttons map as FX Chain in Reaper (Or track presets/template in any DAW I guess) I save as a small nice GUI But I recall my FX chain and the tree/meters auto-open. Would it be possible to implement an option to keep the tree/meters closed when recalling a FX Chain ? So that we don't have to resize everytime I call simple Comp or Limiter....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Yeah, I agree with you on this. I dont tend to use the active presets, so I find the fact that they take up space annoying as MXXX can be a very big plugin in regards to space and them auto-showing the tree is kind of annoying.

I would like to see / have this as well. :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I think that this is the same issue as:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=445513
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yeah that's pretty much the same request. Vojtech says it's complicated to implement but maybe we can bypass the option to auto-save size by implementing a little code that auto 'clik' the bars in the window as it opens ?
(it will be like the invisible hand of the god of plugins that understand and care for our needs to less click possible workflow ! :clown: )
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I don't follow here - what is the FR? Is it to store the collapsed state of the 2 panels? I checked the meters are already saved, but not the active presets panel...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I thought that the FR in this thread is to make the "active presets panel" state also stored ... or not?
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

It's the tree that does'nt stay closed. But not only that anything you will change when saving and reopening a project will not stay as it is. The tree, poped up windows, scroll down to look at Mdynamics graphic...it's anoying when all the session is setup to your workflow and you have to resize,pop and scroll averything again...I leave the computer open until mix is finished...

Sorry, no popups will be retained. But the top panel collapsed state should definitely be stored.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Just to be clear, when I change presets, normal presets, the top panel it stays closed. When I save (closed) as a FX chain in Reaper everytime I load a new instance it's opened. If I close the top panel, resize the GUI to minimum (both normal and active preset) then save the project, when reopening the project, all my MXXX instances have top panel opened. Wich obviously I don't need anymore on every of those instances cause I already loaded the active preset that I need and want to use. But on my 10 instances of MXXX I have to close the top panel and resize almost all of them so I can see arrange view/mixer and or other plugins or other MXXX instances more clearly. Hope that makes sense.

Got it, thanks for the info!
Vojtech

I just checked something in FL Studio: if I reload a project the Active Presets Tree is open again. This is not saved. It is also not saved in the preset, when I close the tree and save the preset!

Edit: What I also find sad is that a Multiparameter is default "Big Control". This needs much space in the easy-mode of MXXX. Wouldn't it be an idea to make the edit area of the plugin collapsable as well? So that the user can stay in the edit mode but have just the Multiparameters visible, if needed? :)

Edit2:
Like this:
mxxx_collapse_editor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tagirijus.de

Yes the tree as well, but I'd probably leave it like that, there are some technical problems... I'll check though. As for collapsing the whole editor, I don't like that, sorry :o :)
Vojtech

When multiple instances of MXXX are lined up next to each other it would sometimes make sense to collapse the editor IMO.

MeldaProduction wrote:I don't like that, sorry :o :)
Oooooohhhhhh .....what a pitty! :ud:
(Maybe in the distant future then? :P )

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”