Plugin idea/FR (MPhatik related)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vojtech,

MPhatik is really great. The concept is really really powerful, though the included FX only offer a small range, e.g. just think of all the different (multiband)-distortion options that various Melda plugs offer.

One idea I had was to make MPhatik communicate (like MAutoAlign, MCompare etc), so one could place a first instance of MPhatik at the start and a second instance at the end, and put all the distortion or whatever plugins you like between them. Then they could have a send/receive mode button so you could very quickly set this up, no need for an extra FX channel in your DAW.
If it operates in this mode, the dry/wet control in the second instance should mix the input received from the first instance with the one generated in the second instance, so you can mix the dry signal with the crushed and dynamically restored signal.

Currently you have to set this up in the DAW, but it takes a lot of clicks and extra channels and is also less flexible. You can only send after the insert chain, not from in between, if you want to do that you have to split the inserts using another FX channel..

Maybe one could even create a general purpose sender plugin MSend, that all other Melda plugins are able to receive. You can place it anywhere in the insert chain and pull the signal from there, just as it works with MCompare.

Definitely agree with everything here. I was having the same thoughts while using phatik.

Also it would be great if if could manually detect and compensate latency too, maybe by having the first instance send a click pulse through that is detected by the receiver. It uses that detected latency to delay the sent original audio. I'm finding that with really complex processing and plugs with fft effects and look ahead effects that daw delay compensation isn't as accurate as it could be, which really messes with things when you're using phatik.

:pray: I would KILL for MSend.
+100
However I asked for something similar before but Vojtech said it's not possible. Not sure why not as MCompare can send the audio.
It could be used for lots of other great uses too.

Fingers crossed
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hehe sorry, that's a big no. You just tried to defeat time :D. What you ask is simply impossible, just a little thought experiment for you:

Track -> MProcessor -> MSend to MProcessor -> output

I'm sure you see the problem :D. In MMultiAnalyzer it is quite different as it doesn't need to be in perfect sync. With MAutoAlign it assumes very limited conditions. In the "mixing revolution" some time in the future I assume something like this will be needed as well, but again with controlled limited conditions.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Well, I vote for a MSend device, too!

Regarding feedback loops, this could be detected and prevented, no? There are several plugins which provide such a send vst construction.

Also feedback is sometimes also done for purpose as you can do in Reaper, too?

But I agree with Vojtech that it would be bad if someone puts a receiver block BEFORE a sender block. There is no way to prevent such a thing, and it would confuse people to say the least, or even cause problems or unpredictable results in the DAW I guess. So maybe MSend is indeed does not make sense as an insert plugin.

Surely there are ways to detect this, such as simply detecting which fx in the chain it is and comparing that with the other. If not, can there just be a 'send' effect and a receive effect, as in 2 plugins.

If the above doesn't work, if people are stupid enough to set it up wrong, then it just didn't work, big deal. You make it VERY clear in the instructions that this is important.

Considering the possibilities that routing audio between effects opens, I really don't see why this should be the thing that prevents it.

vectorwarrior wrote:Surely there are ways to detect this, such as simply detecting which fx in the chain it is and comparing that with the other. If not, can there just be a 'send' effect and a receive effect, as in 2 plugins.

If the above doesn't work, if people are stupid enough to set it up wrong, then it just didn't work, big deal. You make it VERY clear in the instructions that this is important.

Considering the possibilities that routing audio between effects opens, I really don't see why this should be the thing that prevents it.
What he said! +1
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

This can easily be done in DDMF Metaplugin. It effectively has sends because each output can be duplicated, and each "cable" has a gain control. As well as each plug-in having a top-layer wet/dry control. Just open MetaPlugin, load up whichever Melda things you want, chain them however you want, and tweak away.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

ZentralmassivSound wrote:But I agree with Vojtech that it would be bad if someone puts a receiver block BEFORE a sender block. There is no way to prevent such a thing, and it would confuse people to say the least, or even cause problems or unpredictable results in the DAW I guess. So maybe MSend is indeed does not make sense as an insert plugin.
But you can detect feedback and then disable output.

Also on plugging in, the plugin could send a specific dc offset sequence that maybe could be detected by other instances? Well, at least, I have seen that kind of detection already...

Hehe impossible folks sorry :D. It would be nice, but the host is the only one, who can freely route signals from place to place and even there detecting feedback may not be that simple. In plugins it is impossible.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

ZentralmassivSound wrote:Hi Vojtech,

MPhatik is really great. The concept is really really powerful, though the included FX only offer a small range, e.g. just think of all the different (multiband)-distortion options that various Melda plugs offer.

One idea I had was to make MPhatik communicate (like MAutoAlign, MCompare etc), so one could place a first instance of MPhatik at the start and a second instance at the end, and put all the distortion or whatever plugins you like between them. Then they could have a send/receive mode button so you could very quickly set this up, no need for an extra FX channel in your DAW.
If it operates in this mode, the dry/wet control in the second instance should mix the input received from the first instance with the one generated in the second instance, so you can mix the dry signal with the crushed and dynamically restored signal.

Currently you have to set this up in the DAW, but it takes a lot of clicks and extra channels and is also less flexible. You can only send after the insert chain, not from in between, if you want to do that you have to split the inserts using another FX channel..

Maybe one could even create a general purpose sender plugin MSend, that all other Melda plugins are able to receive. You can place it anywhere in the insert chain and pull the signal from there, just as it works with MCompare.
I've not yet played with MPhatik, but can't this be done with MXXX? Am I missing something? Or, do you want more effects inside an instance of MPhatik? In that case... Why a send? Why not a VST insert? There are plug ins (VAZ Modular, Maschine) can host other plug ins.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

You can probably do that in MXXX, but since MXXX contains MPhatik, it's easier to do that using it anyways :D. And sure it is insert, not sure what you suggested there.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”