Preset location issues MXXX (Core) on Mac

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to transform all the AU presets I made with MXXX (Core) to the native preset format, the problem is, when I save a preset inside MXXX into my user library (Me/Application Support/Melda Production/MXXX/Active Presets), it doesn't show up in the "Active Preset" browser and there is no way to make those visible other than importing my own presets again so that they would end up in the main factory directory which is located at HD (not ME)/Application Support/Melda Production/MXXX. I fiddled around for an hour to no avail, what am I missing?

EDIT: copying folders manually to HD (not ME)/Application Support/Melda Production/MXXX/Active Presets
does not solve the issue as I found out today.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Wed May 04, 2016 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'm lost, are you trying to just copy something called "AU preset" into the melda MXXX folder?? How on earth could you expect such a thing to work?? :o
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:I'm lost, are you trying to just copy something called "AU preset" into the melda MXXX folder?? How on earth could you expect such a thing to work?? :o
Of course not, I am loading my AUs and then saving them in the MXXX format, but they end up in the user library and I can't access them in the main browser window.

Do you use "save as active preset"? These are two different preset formats.

ZentralmassivSound wrote:Do you use "save as active preset"? These are two different preset formats.
Yes, I do - the only problem is the location of the save presets, not their format, I can't access them/load them once saved as they are not visible. I thought my OP was more clear.

In addition to the above problem I noticed, that the settings of the Modulators (M1 - M100) within an active preset are not saved with the preset but rest to 50% as soon as one hits the save button - is this by design?

Maybe this invisible preset problem only ocurrs with MXXX Core - which is what I have and use - as the preset browser view does not match with the content of the actual folders at all and only shows a very small number of folders on root level, here are some screenshots:

This is what I see when browsing presets in MXXX Core:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-04 um 12.43.01 Kopie.jpg

This is what I save when I save to the User Library:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-04 um 12.43.48 Kopie.jpg
Now even if I copy my user folders to the location HD/Library/Application Support/MeldaProduction MXXX/Active Presets/

they will not appear in the browser, so that workaround doesn't help either. What's the solution here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So is there any fix in sight for version 9.23? Currently there is no way I can distribute/share my MXXX Core presets, I can't export them, I can't browse them nor can I even locate them.

And what about his issue:
In addition to the above problem I noticed, that the settings of the Modulators (M1 - M100) within an active preset are not saved with the preset but rest to 50% as soon as one hits the save button - is this by design?

Ok, so I'm a little lost here :D.

I'd recommend using the classic presets only, hence no categorization or anything. Just access it all via Presets button. Then just use the online preset exchange. If you use Save as active preset, the preset will become an active preset instead and it will be a file on your file system. You said copying the file did not help, BUT you didn't get the folder right, it's in user settings:

HOME/Library/Application support/MeldaProduction/MeldaProduction MXXX/Active presets

where HOME is NOT Macintosh HD, it's in your user folder. Well, that's OSX. I like how it is "standardized", but it's confusing indeed.

As for the modulators - all modulators that actually have some parameters attached and enabled are saved. If there is nothing attached to it, hence the modulator is useless, then it is not saved to save space.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so I'm a little lost here :D.

I'd recommend using the classic presets only, hence no categorization or anything. Just access it all via Presets button. Then just use the online preset exchange. If you use Save as active preset, the preset will become an active preset instead and it will be a file on your file system. You said copying the file did not help, BUT you didn't get the folder right, it's in user settings:

HOME/Library/Application support/MeldaProduction/MeldaProduction MXXX/Active presets

where HOME is NOT Macintosh HD, it's in your user folder. Well, that's OSX. I like how it is "standardized", but it's confusing indeed.

As for the modulators - all modulators that actually have some parameters attached and enabled are saved. If there is nothing attached to it, hence the modulator is useless, then it is not saved to save space.
Thank's - I shall try that with the new location tomorrow then, I don't want to use online exchange, I want to distribute a dedicated MXXX bank on my own website.

Concerning modulators: the problem is that the values reset to 50%/middle position once a preset is saved, but I don't want that, I want to save the "as is" state at the moment of saving, of course I have things assigned otherwise I wouldn't care.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so I'm a little lost here :D.

Thank's - I shall try that with the new location tomorrow then, I don't want to use online exchange, I want to distribute a dedicated MXXX bank on my own website.

Concerning modulators: the problem is that the values reset to 50%/middle position once a preset is saved, but I don't want that, I want to save the "as is" state at the moment of saving, of course I have things assigned otherwise I wouldn't care.
Just checked again, what do you mean by HOME, as mentioned above I already tried: User (Me)/Application Support/MeldaProduction/MeldaProduction MXXX/Active presets

but that's not visible inside MXXX, so I have no idea what HOME is supposed to mean.

Yes, that should be it. You probably need to show hidden files to get there:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-so ... r-3520878/
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Yes, that should be it. You probably need to show hidden files to get there:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-so ... r-3520878/

I know how to access my user library, I do it every day ever since Apple started hiding it - and have an alias on my desktop for easy access, so that's not the solution, sorry.

So are you saying the folder doesn't exist??
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:So are you saying the folder doesn't exist??
Oh dear, how can I explain it other than I already did. When saving active presets the folders I created in my user library (which you call HOME/) show up and I can save the presets, but in the main browser when trying to load presets, those folders don't appear, they are invisible so I can not load my own presets nor can I export them in any way. The browser for loading presets is filled with some basic factory presets but not with my own and I can't find those factory files anywhere (neither in HOME nor in the HD library), please check the screenshots I posted above.

Return to “MeldaProduction”