All MeldaProduction effects and MPowerSynth updated to 10.00 and MAGC released.

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moonmadness wrote:i don't like the behaviors of the AGC.

in MADEq for example, crank up a frequency about 10 Db and listens to the result.
almost everything else disappears except the boosted band.

i much prefer the behavior of the AGC in Acon Equalize or Pro-Q2.
Its not supposed to sound good. Just look before and after with a loudness analyser and you will see it just simply retains the loudness for you.
If it is taking the sound of the other bands away, that is because you are boosting too high.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Exactly! The point is not to make it sound good - for that a positive output gain would do :D. AGC in the plugins does you a favour as it prevents you from being fooled by the higher loudness, which is something the Acon/ProQ don't prevent at all.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

tnx for the feedback folks!

much appreciated. :)

"i much prefer the behavior of the AGC in Acon Equalize or Pro-Q2."...in what way is the operation/result different? I've never used either Acon or Proq2. For me, in melda the use/impact is situation dependant..../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Thanks vectorwarrior for lifting that out and reminding me of what I'd read long ago!

Re: AGC potentially messing up the sound of a compressor with a somewhat long attack/release time ... is there any consideration to making the AGC time controllable? (I guess that's a question for Mr.V).
vectorwarrior wrote:I grabbed this from the agc help from another plugin. ... However, in some cases it can work against the plugin. ...
Another example of this is compression. When used with short attack and release times,
AGC can effectively compensate for the attenuation of the compressor. However when the
attack and release times are higher than 100ms, the compressor's reaction time becomes
too slow, and in conjunction with AGC, severe pumping can occur

I have a feature request for MAGC. Can you add 2 set buttons, so we can have it match things better. For example if I use a saturation effect, but I don't want the level changed I can add MAGC before the Sat plugin, push "set 1" and it will record the level. Then move MAGC, so its after the Sat plugin and then push "set 2" and it would analyze the new level and adjust it to match the level from "set 1". I think this would be much more useful.

Chandlerhimself wrote:I have a feature request for MAGC. Can you add 2 set buttons, so we can have it match things better. For example if I use a saturation effect, but I don't want the level changed I can add MAGC before the Sat plugin, push "set 1" and it will record the level. Then move MAGC, so its after the Sat plugin and then push "set 2" and it would analyze the new level and adjust it to match the level from "set 1". I think this would be much more useful.
I quite don't follow this one, well, at all. But if you imply some form of inter-instance communication, then I'm afraid I cannot say yes to it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Since the updates are free, I wonder when you change version numbers?
Since I work a lot with customers sitting next to me while I mix their projects, I wonder if there are more potential stability issues with a version 10 than the smaller changing numbers (like 9.21 to 9.22)
SOUND!

Not really, it should be fine, in fact several potential problems have been solved. It's more like, too many numbers and a lot of changes... so it was time ;).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:I have a feature request for MAGC. Can you add 2 set buttons, so we can have it match things better. For example if I use a saturation effect, but I don't want the level changed I can add MAGC before the Sat plugin, push "set 1" and it will record the level. Then move MAGC, so its after the Sat plugin and then push "set 2" and it would analyze the new level and adjust it to match the level from "set 1". I think this would be much more useful.
I quite don't follow this one, well, at all. But if you imply some form of inter-instance communication, then I'm afraid I cannot say yes to it.
No, there wouldn't be any "inter-instance communication". It would be just like MAutoEQ, but with gain instead of frequency. Have 1 button to analyze the source and then have another button to match the source to the target.

Ex. I do a rough mix and my bass is sitting where I want it generally. I put MAGC on it and push the source button. After that I EQ, compress and saturate the bass. Now the bass level is too high. I move MAGC so its now post EQ, compression, etc and I push the target button. It takes the new level and matches it to the original by turning it down.

Basically its the set button you have on all your plugins, but it is broken into 2 stages. Button 1 analyzes the original level. Button 2 analyzes the new level and matches it to the original. There is no inter-instance communication, you just move the original MAGC your DAW.

...sounds like "ACG/set" already built into almost all the plugs...I can see the usefulness you describe if the "surrounded" plug/s are "off the reservaition"...currently, I generally have AGC on by default, although it would be nice to be able to set some of its parameters depending on the current in use situation.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

I've had some issues with modulations with melda plugs in Bitwig studio. When I assign a modulation, my cpu usage bumps from few% to 50%-60%.

Well I found a solution!!

It's hidden in melda webpage under "system requirements". Turn off sandboxing from melda plugs.. Suddenly my 50%-60% cpu usage dropped back to few % :D

This should be written with cat sized letters somewhere.

So, what's the best way people are sending the input signal to the sidechain before processing in Reaper, which the MAGC then grabs after processing.

I'm currently doing the below:
1-channel matrix.jpg
Then doing my processing, and then adding MAGC like this:
2-MAGC.jpg
However, I feel there should be an easier way of sending the input to 3/4 in Reaper by using the plugin pin connector and not having to use the channel matrix, but I haven't had any luck.

Curious to know other people's approaches on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If I have understood you correctly then here is a simpler approach ...
Lets say you want to EQ the signal then feed that EQed audio into MAGC's sidechain:

(a) make the track 4 channels
(b) add Mequalizer and MAGC
(c) change the Pin connector for MEqualizer, so that its two outputs go to 3+4

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/0AcFdO2.png

That way the original audio goes into Mequalizer and passes on to MAGC, the equalized audio leaves MEqualizer onto channels 3+4 and thence into MAGC's sidechain.

PS You might like this too:

from http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=173867 , post #28
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Ah yes, that's a simpler workflow, I figured there was a way to do without the channel matrix but couldn't figure out how to 'keep' the original without needing a rerouting plug. Your solution is the other way around; process to extra channels (3/4) leaving the original untouched and then switching them back in MAGC.

Nice, thanks, exactly why I come here :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”