MAGC - Queries

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's just how it is folks. We cannot really send signal from one place to another, only the host can do that. If Live has only 12 buss limit, then I don't even know what to say... To be honest, considering this, then how the sidechains work (or more likely don't work ...) in there, I think Ableton has quite a work to do on that host... grr...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

RMS "set source" and "set target" = solved.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

common guys, it is never the fault of the plugin nor the developer! it's clearly a hosts or user problem :D :D :D

btw i don't know any host that could send a signal from in between the fx chain. but that's another story.
anyway, why don't you use the output gain of your effects? takes seconds and you don't have the problem with sending a signal or reaction times of MAGC. aren't you just too lazy at this point?

MeldaProduction wrote:That's just how it is folks. We cannot really send signal from one place to another, only the host can do that. If Live has only 12 buss limit, then I don't even know what to say... To be honest, considering this, then how the sidechains work (or more likely don't work ...) in there, I think Ableton has quite a work to do on that host... grr...
There are unlimited sends for sidechain etc, and unlimited grouping of tracks for Bus processing. but only 12 send busses for send fx etc.
The problem is that you cant send from the middle of an fx chain.

frizzbee wrote:common guys, it is never the fault of the plugin nor the developer! it's clearly a hosts or user problem :D :D :D

btw i don't know any host that could send a signal from in between the fx chain. but that's another story.
anyway, why don't you use the output gain of your effects? takes seconds and you don't have the problem with sending a signal or reaction times of MAGC. aren't you just too lazy at this point?
I am honestly not trying to go against Vojtech, I am trying to help. Its clear that most people on here are struggling to set it up correctly, due to DAW restriction and this seems to be most DAWs.
I actually don't need this feature anyway, as I exclusively use Melda only and every plugin has AGC built in. This is really for others using 3rd party plugins, I am just trying to give a solution to help others.

Let's just accept it is a freebie that may not be useful to all of us, thank Vojtec, and move on. ;-)

jmg8 wrote:
MeldaProduction wrote:That's just how it is folks. We cannot really send signal from one place to another, only the host can do that. If Live has only 12 buss limit, then I don't even know what to say... To be honest, considering this, then how the sidechains work (or more likely don't work ...) in there, I think Ableton has quite a work to do on that host... grr...
There are unlimited sends for sidechain etc, and unlimited grouping of tracks for Bus processing. but only 12 send busses for send fx etc.
The problem is that you cant send from the middle of an fx chain.
It is possible to route audio from a Effect in the middle of a FX chain in Live.

You put the Effect you want to "tap" inside a Audio Effect Rack (select it and press Ctrl+G on PC).

Then that Rack will appear as an Routing Point in anything that can receive routed audio ("buss" tracks, Gate and Compressor, etc...).

Exactly! Every reasonable host allows sending signals to sidechain of any FX of course! If not, then one should consider changing the host :).

And thank you Frizzbee for you "valuable" feedback as always :D :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

jmg8 wrote:
pumafred wrote:I am embarrassed to ask, but I will ask: what is this plugin for and how is it used?
If you apply effects to your sound, in most cases it changes the volume. Louder sounds better and often tricks us into thinking the changes we have made are positive. This plugin is the same feature as the auto gain compensation in all melda plugins, although now, with this new plugin, you can use it with 3rd party VSTs.

So basically it just keeps the output loudness the same as whatever you feed into it's sidechain.
I was wondering, how does all this differ from the MCompare I put before and after my effect to remove the volume differences?

Thanks -

Well:

MCompare matches the input to the output.

MAGC matches the output to the input.

Or in other words:

MCompare changes the value of the input.

MAGC changes the value of the output.

Let me add to jmg8´s point that the difference, then, is that MAGC would help you with your gain staging, ensuring that what comes out is still at the desired levels. For judging the impact of a plugin, either method should work, but not for gain staging.
(Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong.)

In fact I'm not even sure why MCompare changes the input to match the output. It has no benefit i can see. Especially in mastering in MComapre it can clip the input, as mostly when mastering we are very close to 0db.

? If you are close to 0db in mastering, you would not want MCompare to change volumes in the output, no?

Thanks for replies.

So as an MCompare owner, would MAGC bring anything additional to the table for me?

As an MCompare owner, and Cubase user, I have not figured out any way to get MAGC to do anything additional for me (at least in a convenient way).

But, since it is a freebie, no complaints from here!

Return to “MeldaProduction”