?/confirmation: MDynamics

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...is it correct to assume/believe that the two processors are in series 1>2, and not parallel?...in a couple of instances, I gotten/created some very "odd" results and I am trying to sort things out...the docs have no "comment" in the matter...tia.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

As I understand it: neither in series nor in parallel.

They are both compressors / expanders so can be used to set up "double-kneed" signal level processing. For example, you can have more compression at higher levels.

Here, if the level is above-17 dB then the signal is compressed by a ratio of 2.11. if it is below -17 dB but above -26.1 dB then a compression ratio of 1.79 is used. For signals below -26.1 dB no compression is applied.

PS If you want more control over the compression curve, click the "envelope" button at the top of the Processing Shape panel.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

...hey DS, thanx for your time...I'm gonna have to think about this a bit, not being either serial or parallel...however your example is exactly the problem I'm trying to solve...the track is a "gypse/Django" acoustic rhythm guitar where the player has a very strong/powerful down stroke, but the following syncopation strokes are very light/feathered...and are easly lost in the rest of the composition...so I want to take the "top" off the big down stroke and make it closer to the following strokes in level, and I sorta need to do that twice to get what I need.../s~

Hey Steve - as much as I like Melda stuff, I would (regarding compression, especially!!!) recommend trying any & all compressors you have for a given job, because of subtle, esoteric differences that might elude your analysis!

I think I mean...use your ears! :hihi:

But I think you know that, huh? Say, aren't you an older dude... :hihi: yeah, I recall you mentioning something during that analogue thread...you put a compressor in the fridge to cool off the circuits? To get "that sound"! :D :lol:

And I'm trying to give you advice? Oh golly... :hihi:

....mmmmmmmm..."an older dude"....hav'ta think about that one a bit :roll:, just seemed like everyone else was getting slowly younger :clown:...a relativity sort'a thing...and back in the day a lot of what we were doing had to do with actually understanding the physics/electronics of the situation blahblahblah...I'm now all itb with zero-zed interest in emulation :scared:, just love the new domain...:D.../s~

Both processors form the resulting transfer curve ;).
Anyways right now working on a simulation of pretty much all relevant (not only) analog comps inside a dynamics super plugin :D. Coming up soon as one of the requirements for the development of the mixing revolution :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

:hyper:

Sounds great, if soon only was yesterday;-)

:D :D yeah, time cheating right? ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi Vojtech,

mixing revolution sounds awesome as everytime. I tried the new Waves Greg Wells Signature. It's so simple, sounds amazing to me. Something qualitywise and easy to use like this, but more flexible would be great.

Well, there is nothing revolutionar in the greg wells stuff really, I'm aiming into a completely different dimension :).
Vojtech

That´s correct! But you get good results quick, that´s revolutionar! This plugin-sound would be a great starting point for piano in the mturbomix. It fits in so well in the mix.

I´m very excited about your mixing revolution.

MeldaProduction wrote:I'm aiming into a completely different dimension :).
I would imagine you would go in a more "spectral collision" direction... I´m really curious what you will come up with. :hyper:

Hehe psssssst :D, all secret for now... and sadly it will probably take quite a long time :o , but it will be worth it! :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”