MSpectralDynamics DeNoiser question

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm using MSpectralDynamics as a DeNoiser and it works fantastic! I use the Denoiser 1 preset. But here is something: when I change the sharpness control, it appears to change the timing of the signal. Or am I fooling myself? When I check what sharpness is, it only controls the ratio of the processor. I wouldn't expect change in timing from that? So, am I fooling my own ears or is there an explanation?

Cheers, Thorsten

I cannot see / hear a timing change here. Here is a source track sent to two others, each with MSD / Denoiser 1 preset. The second track has the default Sharpness (80%) and on the third track I changed Sharpness to 30%.

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/xkRt56E.png

Got any screenshots / steps to reproduce / test project ... ?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

OK I also checked again and looked at the waveforms, and indeed it doesn't change timing. I was using a frequency dependent threshold to specifically tackle the treble hiss and leave the lows untouched, so when the DeNoiser acted pretty strong, my sampe just sounded different because the first part of the attack which contained treble noise was damped while the later bass rich part remained intact. So - expected behaviour after all :-)

:tu:
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”