Selling individuals plugins from mtotalbundle

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tagirijus wrote:
plexuss wrote:I cant be bothered because your crazy transfer fees are still not worth it. $360US is crazzzzy.
I just can repost others replies: for an expensive bundle it's not crazy, while considering that you normally have a lifetime free update with best support and even possibilities to make feature requests, while NOT paying anything after paid once for the tool. Moreover - and maybe I am a bit oldfashioned here? - if I buy something, I do not think about selling it again, when it's just a licence. To me a licence normally is bound to one person - so I did not even know that Melda even offers licence transfers.

And overall: why complaining about a thing you can avoid. If you do not like a policy of a company - simply avoid it. Just buy tools from other companies then. It's totally legit. ;)
For the exact reason you just mentioned: license transfer policies widly vary between companies and its easy to forget to find out what the policy is before purchase only to be stuck with something you didnt expect. many are affected by transfer policies as reselling plugins to try out different tools and not be saddled with an expensive collection you dont use. often we dont know how much we will use a product and purchase it knowing we can transfer it later and get some money back.

Meldas total bundle is around $1700 but goes on sale for 50% off and thats when most smart people buy it. but we all know this and so wouldnt bother buying it 2nd hand unless ot was less than 50% off. this is the typical psychology of the 2nd plugin trade. so youd need to sell it for say 10% less than that. you pay $850 for it, sell it for $760 but then have to pay melda $360 in fees. you net $400 on a $850 purchase - quite a hit compared to any other plugin dev. so this crazy transfer fee would begrudgingly motivate you to keep the bundle even if you dont use it much - a very anti-customer-centric policy.

Plugin Alliance has a $4500 bundle, lifetime upgrades, new products added for free or at least a highly discounted price, multiple authorizations and a $50 transfer fee. there are other examples out there. melda has the highest transfer fees compared to their product priced of any vendor ive seen.

buyer beware, thats all.

plexuss wrote:I cant be bothered because your crazy transfer fees are still not worth it. $360US is crazzzzy.
Mainly because you don't know, because, well, no such thing exists :D. You seem to have planty of time making these long hate comments though...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:
Mainly because you don't know, because, well, no such thing exists :D. You seem to have planty of time making these long hate comments though...
It's not a hate comment: it's customer feedback to you, and buyer beware information for prospective customers.

Not if you spend too much time, then it is a hate advertisement :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

"Plugin Alliance has a $4500 bundle"
Business is hard, it's a careful management prices to stay afloat.
If we talk seriously though, when you sell the total bundle, I know you'll probably just sell the whole account, ignoring the EULA altogether. ;p

Strange what I achieve by a simple question, but there is some true here and there. No one like to pay more than 40% of the original price, accept some plugins from developers like Valhalla, but there plugs are really cheap, but there is never a discount on theses plugins, but a big hit at quality.
At the end I can decide, leave an unused licence on my system or sell it for nothing, sadly but true.

But another question at Vojtech, why can't I sell individual plugins of the bundle and just loose therefore the mtotalbundle licence and get single licences? Takes too much of your time?!

plexuss wrote: often we dont know how much we will use a product and purchase it knowing we can transfer it later and get some money back.
If you are a professional you should be able to plan the usage of your future tools. Moreover there are demos to test the tools quite good. I am not sure how the thought "How can I get my money back after using the tool for years?" can be so important, if you are making money in this kind of industry. :?: ... ever thought of the position of Meldaprouction? MAYBE, just maybe!! ... they also have to get some income so that the company can live on? :D

plexuss wrote: so this crazy transfer fee would begrudgingly motivate you to keep the bundle even if you dont use it much - a very anti-customer-centric policy.
If you are seriously choosing your tools by how the transfer policy is, I assume that you are doing something wrong. I can tell that I choose by the features and usability, since they (and not the price of them) affect my production after all.

plexuss wrote: Plugin Alliance has a $4500 bundle, lifetime upgrades, new products added for free or at least a highly discounted price, multiple authorizations and a $50 transfer fee.
4500 $ for 71 plugins, while Melda offers 97 at 1697 $. Say whaaat? :D :D ... and by the way: Melda also releases new plugins quite often and also is fast at bug fixing AND take care of feature requests.

plexuss wrote: there are other examples out there.
I am (really) curious. Please tell me some. Always nice to see how other companies do their stuff. And I am not sarcastical here. Seriously!

plexuss wrote: melda has the highest transfer fees compared to their product priced of any vendor ive seen.
At least they offer some, which I alone find quite interesting. I mean ... it's licence!? ... it is no hardware that can wear off and lose value ...
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Tagirijus wrote:
plexuss wrote: often we dont know how much we will use a product and purchase it knowing we can transfer it later and get some money back.
If you are a professional you should be able to plan the usage of your future tools. Moreover there are demos to test the tools quite good. I am not sure how the thought "How can I get my money back after using the tool for years?" can be so important, if you are making money in this kind of industry. :?: ...
I dont remember Melda offering upgrade pricing, from individual plugins to bundles or from smaller bundles to Total, or even to MXXX is that correct?
If it is, then consider that in some cases its not be about getting one's money back, just not being penalised for having no option but to buy the same thing more than once.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Buying the same thing again would be indeed not fair, but if I remember right there was some kind of reduced pricing. I have the total bundle, so I cannot see it anymore.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

"How the upgrade prices are computed: we substract 70% of what you have spent so far for the products included in the upgrade. Minimum upgrade price is € 10."
Bundles however can only be upgraded to the total bundle, so if you want the mixing and mastering bundle, you might as well go for the total bundle from the beginning.

Correct, crossgrades between mixing and mastering bundles would be very difficult to do technically and it would be very sporadic to make it fair. Believe it or not, just the current situation took us into lots of discussions about how it make it well, and there are no crossgrades...

Svama: I was actually thinking you must be joking in the beginning. Don't you see the many obvious loopholes in that? For example, if we would allow that to you, we would have to allow it to everyone, so people could start buying the MTotalBundle, which is 70% off from separate plugins, or even wait for a rare action on that, that could go to 85% off from the plugins and start selling them and actually make a business out of it :D. And obviously it would be very complex for us too... Sorry, but that's a definitive no.
Vojtech

Svama: I cannot help myself and not share this, since I'm a little confused by the game you are playing (I hope my records are somehow wrong, because...): You apparently paid 419 EUR over the years, now you are selling a product that costs 1499 EUR (which means the value increased 3.5x) and you asked about selling individual plugins, which would make it all worth about 5000 EUR (hence the value would 12x higher than what you paid) :D. Now I assume you are businessman :D. So much for speculations.

plexuss: Now tell me about another software for which the price is actually increasing :D :D.

This is really a weird thread... :D
Vojtech

That's not 100% correct, cause I also bought 2nd hand plugins, but your right I don't paid that much, but I'm also a long Melda owner, since version 4 maybe? I'm all, but not a businessman, more a g.a.s. man:-). I bought so much plugins over the years and never earned a cent worth this. Music and music mixing I'd a hobby for me, not my business!
At the moment I try to clear my plugin folder and stay with what I really need and there some Melda plugins which I would still use, but the most I don't need, use, like.
Melda plugins are a little bit like a home I don't feel comfortable in, that's the biggest problem. You are a really smart guy and this is the best support and plugin conditions you can get, but if I don't feel good with a plugin I don't use it.
I try to work fast, but Melda plugins often so me from being creative, although you can do the most creative things with your plugs, but not fast and easy. There are so many possibilities in your plugins, but I don't understand how to use them, because it's too complicated, for me. But there is also the question do I really need it? Example, Vintage delay, I can build one inside MXXX or I can use replika xt for example and get a sound I like without turning knobs hours and hours inside MXXX to reach the same or a similar sound.

And my name is Marek.

The MTotalBundle price increases with every release, maybe it's a good money investment for the age:-)
Vojtech release more plugins;-)

It's your own system with free lifetime upgrades, that was your own idea. You aren't a businessman, to good for this world.

Paid upgrades from v9 to v10 for example would be a better idea, but therefore lower prices at buying your plugins and selling them again. You could make them not for resale after the first sell. Much possibilities!

Hehe thanks for clarification ;).

And yes, that's true, but I like it the way it is, best for the customer and seems there's enough customers out there, so not a big deal ;). But you know, one needs to set a boundaries. I was many times thinking about disallowing the licence transfers (like every other company with licence conditions at least close to ours), but... well this situation makes me again think again :D... we'll see... There will always be haters though, even if everything would be free :D.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”