Multiple Modulators for same Target - How to set up "Add Values"-Mode

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Problem Description:
I've built a patch, where I modulate Filter 1 Frequency by Multiparameter 1, which has been assigned to Midi CC "Modulation Wheel". That works fine.

Later I've tried to add some liveliness and modulate Filter 1 Frequency also by a tiny amount coming from an LFO.

When I switch the LFO-Modulation on, then the Multiparameter is no more effective. If I switch the LFO off, then the Modulation Wheel will work again. So the Modulator overrides the Multiparameter.

Currently I'm stuck. I can have one or the other but I wasn't able to find a Setting that adds both Modulation Sources together. I'm used to this "Add Values Mode", knowing it from various - not to say "all" - Synths I have ever used...

I have tried all the different combinations of modes on the Modulation Definitions of both Modulation-Sources, i.e. Intervall, Full Range etc. But I haven't been able to get the results I expect.

Questions are:
1.) How can I set up a Multiparameter and a Modulator to modulate the same Target value and both Modulations will be added "Add-Values-Mode"
2.) BTW: Is there a sample&hold Mode for LFO's?

(1) try assigning the Modulator to one of the Multiparameter parameters, e.g.

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/YYeeBrT.png

And adjust the Range Modes, Depths etc. Please note that, with a 'Normal' Modulator the Filter Frequency will still move even though the MIDI CC controller (your ModWheel) is not moving.

Image >>> 3MB animated gif: http://i.imgur.com/xcoris5.gif
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks DarkStar. Nice reply, thanks for you effort to put the gifs online!

Is it just me, or is this approch different to the way synths usually work?
I mean different literally, not in the meaning of "bad"...by the way.
I like Meldas stuff - having bought the Everything bundle on BF -, but it's sometimes hard to find one's way around all this.

Regrads
Peter

Hi Peter, it's indeed different. The modulation here is ABSOLUTE, which means the modulators define the target range and control the parameters directly. For such complex structure (many plugins 2000+ parameters) there's pretty much no other way anyways. If one really needs multiple mods to control the same parameter, it needs to be done by controlling the range of another modulator, which isn't exactly straigtforward, but at least it gives you the exact range of the modulation.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”