Which do you like better?

#1 - satYa's bright version
55%
#2 - Accidentally chosen previous colors
45%

Total votes: 49

RELATED
PRODUCTS

..."Why not just default to Titanium. This is how it comes up. Very cool."...yup, just what I did...had to get back to work... :D ...
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Yeah Titanium looks superb. Hopefully we are going to be able to change the background color too.

Agree, titanium is the perfect default style.
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Although the poll isn't about the best default style, I have to agree Titanium and Carbonium are the best styles.

Yeah, titanium will probably be default, but I was just wondering about the colors, because in the past I came to the conclusion that people's opinions are unbelievably different....
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

:lol:...they are, if you give them the choice... the first rule in sales, never ask a question you don't want the answer to...if all you have is red and blue do not ask "what's your favorite color," ask instead "which do you prefer, red or blue"... :D...thirty five years in sales and development will do that ya :roll: .../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

While I like Titanium (and Carbonium is growing on me) it is too grey. Open 2 or three plug-ins and they all look the same. And if I change the Background (Main colour 1) to differentiate between them the panels go a drab medium grey. So my mark would be 8/10 so far.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

steve2KVR: Hehe yeah :D.

DarkStar: Actually the grey is kind of popular now and I sort of like it too. Yes, the plugins are very similar then, but not entirely. And at least there are other styles for color lovers. There's no point in having a dozen styles that are the same ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes I agree, grey is great! Also I allows the small amount of colour (knobs) to really stand out. I have set my own custom accents for each catagory.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Oh man, you should understand, that you should hire a professional ui designer... that design rants are for years now, but you cant admit it. Not everything is personal taste, sometimes something is just unprofessional design with so many flaws... so, rant over, thanks. :)

kabelton wrote:Oh man, you should understand, that you should hire a professional ui designer... that design rants are for years now, but you cant admit it. Not everything is personal taste, sometimes something is just unprofessional design with so many flaws... so, rant over, thanks. :)

Actually does raise the question about why a professional designer isn't making these suggestions. From the pool, 23 people will be happy with Design A. But a professional GUI designer will probably do a job that will be better than both, and could help entice hundreds of new customers in, maybe more!

Short answer: because Vojtech loves his ui 8)

There were plenty dudes in many forums posting screenshots of highly appealing uis for the meldaproduction plugins. Completely redesigned, easy to use, modern & very pleasing for the eyes. Sometimes fancy, sometimes clean. There were many professional users saying that the plugins aren't bad but they are a pita to use 24/7 and therefore won't be used by them. And I couldn't agree more.

I think there are 3 reasons why a redesign will never happen. At first it is coding sugar. He's proud that he coded the self claimed "most advanced user interface on the market" and he never has to provide good styles because everyone can redesign them. Secondly I think it is because the plugins & their uis are very genereic. It is more like putting modules together, calculating how much parameters there will be and just showing them in a html-like framset. It is technically just not possible for him to provide any better. And the last reason: he's stubborn :hihi: The more people are complaining the less he will be changing, no matter how much this could hurt his business. But on the other hand he said he will never do any analog modeling but then tried with middle success. So there's hope for some.

I think both styles are not very good. But we could discuss this with nearly every style.

MeldaProduction wrote:Yeah, titanium will probably be default
Good stuff, as out of the three (Titanium and the 2 poll votes) the Titanium one definitely is the most appealing to me !

kabelton wrote:Oh man, you should understand, that you should hire a professional ui designer... that design rants are for years now, but you cant admit it. Not everything is personal taste, sometimes something is just unprofessional design with so many flaws... so, rant over, thanks. :)
MirkoVanHauten wrote:Short answer: because Vojtech loves his ui 8)

There were plenty dudes in many forums posting screenshots of highly appealing uis for the meldaproduction plugins. Completely redesigned, easy to use, modern & very pleasing for the eyes. Sometimes fancy, sometimes clean. There were many professional users saying that the plugins aren't bad but they are a pita to use 24/7 and therefore won't be used by them. And I couldn't agree more.
And the Titanium style which you can see in this thread - is it still really bad???
I don't think so. It looks very good to me.

I think it looks great!
Vojtech did you do it?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Return to “MeldaProduction”